#6 [πŸ’” declined] DAO proposal: mouserBoard communication platform

Proposal

Fund mouserBoard team $1,500 USD to complete their MVP

What are you building?

A communication platform for crypto-gamers, whose reputation is built analysing their activity on the blockchain. Just one click to sign in with your wallet and your posts will be ranked according to your in-game reputation.

Who are you building for?

MVP will be validated with CryptoKitties community and 2 other major games (TBD).

How does it advance UX, usability or experiment with a new use case?

NFTs enabled real ownership and interoperability of in-game assets. However, players don't have a platform where to signal their assets and are locked in communication silos on Telegram or Discord (1 game to 1 community / chat group / server). Furthermore, these platforms are prone to spammers and messages can become overwhelming. mouserBoard is the first experiment trying to solve these problems specific to crypto-gaming.

Why is this exciting?

Blockchain data analysis can foster new interesting use cases, e.g. introducing a new form of "pseudentity", you are what you accomplished in a game through your wallet address. Your reputation as a player is proved by your activity on the blockchain.

Progress

First version launched in July 2019 (https://www.mouserboard.com)

What needs to be done (major deliverables)?

• Implement push notifications
  • Implement architecture to support easy integration of other crypto-games based on NFTs
  • Validate with 100+ beta testers and collect feedback

What does mouserBoard want to be?

Currently a centralised platform, we are studying how to decentralise mouserBoard and what (e.g. enabling trading of NFTs? Peepeth-style messaging?). Validation with beta testers will be essential to plan next steps.

Contact

Happy to receive feedback and discuss further details at hello@mouserboard.com or here in the forum

Thanks! Will bring it up at the next DAO meeting tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @saccodd, just have some questions… :slight_smile:

• What makes this platform any different to OpenSea?

• You have beta tested this with users, what did the users mainly use the platform for?

• You are building for crypto gamers, what is the main value derived from the platform?

Thanks!

Hey @pet3rpan, my answers in order:

• Opensea is a marketplace for NFTs. mouserBoard is a community of players. Imagine Reddit meets Discord for crypto-gaming. However, here post ranking is not based on popularity with upvotes, but on player reputation derived from their in-game activity.

• Proper beta testing has still to happen (included in the deliverables). Main KPIs to track will be number of daily and weekly active users on the platform. An active user creates a post or interacts with one in a thread.

• The end user can easily recognize who the real players are (e.g. they can see number and volume of tokens an address exchanged or breeded) and what they post (i.e. ranked first). This allows to build trust among verifiable players and spot spammers.

1 Like

Let’s chat further on telegram! Can you message me? I messaged you my telegram. thnx

Sure thing, thanks! I’ll message you asap

1 Like