šŸ€ DAO Membership Proposals thread

Sup, Iā€™m POAPgod.

Discord handle - POAPgod.eth#6415
Eth address - POAPgod.eth (0x52Ef83e77243970E74680fC5814D4a7b984D4b89)
Twitter - https://twitter.com/POAPgod

What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

My main contributions have been through POAP. Educating people, teaching them how to use it, as well as working with artists to create POAPs that celebrate significant events in the Web3 ecosystem and for specific communities. Some of the communities/events Iā€™ve made POAPs for, as well as helped out, include (event ID); Ethereum (5146), Ethfinance (5802), Ethstaker (4422), Chainlink (8095), Synthetix (4794), Uniswap (4209), PoolTogether (3289), Monsters & Maps(6967), PoolHAUS (5989), $DOG (6833), MCON (7887), NYC DAO (4035). I also recently attended MCON and helped facilitate the POAPs for the main conference as well as several side events (setting up and creating of a bunch of them). Iā€™m also a member of several DAOs, including DAOHaus LP DAOs, such as PoolHAUS and iROBOT DAO.

Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

Over the past couple months Iā€™ve had the honor to get to know, as well as attend a couple IRL events (EthCC, MCON) with members. Through these experiences, Iā€™ve never felt so inspired and moved in my life. From the talks at MCON, to simple hangout and chill convos, this is the type of environment I thrive in. Iā€™m hungry to learn more and help towards the future of the space, and would love to bring my knowledge of how to use POAP as a tool for coordination. There are many parts to me I feel have yet to be discovered and in this atmosphere I truly believe they will come out. MetaCartel will play a major role in the growth and mass adoption of DAOs and blockchain technology and I want to be apart of it.

What is your pledge size?

Tribute 0 / Shares 1 - for my work on MCON POAPs (@Yalor is my sponsor)

What else should we know about you?

I work a full time job in construction, and have been a hardcore gamer the majority of my life (15 years). Played World of Warcraft, Counter Strike, Diablo 2 and many others. I decide to put the games aside and take my ability to learn and grind from the gamer world into crypto. Just like gaming and the passion Iā€™ve had all this time, I now have for this space, with the goal of working full time in DAOs.

1 Like

Hello! :wave: Paul Wackerow here

GitHub: wackerow
ETH: wackerow.eth
Twitter: @wackerow
Telegram: @wackerow
Discord: wackerow#8249

1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web3.0 ecosystem?
    Primarily front-end development with the Ethereum Foundation on the ethereum-dot-org website team. Started as a frequent open-source contributor, and eventually got pulled onto the team full-timeā€¦ FOSS FTW. Involves work on the main ethereum-dot-org page, but also involves the Ecosystem Support Program website, and the official Eth2 Staking Launchpad website.
    Also been working with the CLR colony / clr.fund team for the last several months on an instance of clr.fund for eth2-related public goods funding, with plans to launch on an optimistic rollup, using BrightID for proof-of-individuality, MACI for bribery-resistance, and an initial funding round in the fall.
    Maintaining ethereum-dot-org in its current form also requires organizing the community as everything is open-source and we welcome and encourage contributions, attempting to make things community run.
    Besides work, big fan of POAPs and admittedly a bit of a shill for this project. Enjoy creating the occasional design and encourage their use to build a sense of connectedness and identity in our digital lives. Part of the EthStaker community and running a home validator, trying to do my part to strengthen the network. Most recently: :orangutan:ā€™d iRobot

2. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
    Have met several of you over this past summer at both EthCC and MCON (EPIC!) and itā€™s been an absolute joy. The values that are exuded by this community resonate with me, and I see the passion in this group pushing for things that will have a huge impact on our world. The world would be a better place if we all gave back and cared about each other. MC is a leader in this endeavor, and Iā€™d like to help contribute where possible.

3. What is your pledge size?
    0 tribute / 1 share - sweat equity (Yalor, my man)

4. What else should we know about you?
    Ex-ER-doc, so a bit of a different background than most. Wanted to give back to the world via that path, but [long story] it didnā€™t turn out quite how I had hoped in the US. Finding the Ethereum space to be satisfying that desire. I have a diverse educational background, but primarily focused on front-end for about 2 years now. Have a non-professional artistic side as well from time-to-time (dabble here and there with graphic arts, guitar, video editing). Love traveling (25+ countries?), and it had been way too long until this summer.

Cheers everyone!

helloooo metafrens, Iā€™d like to pledge to the DAO

1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

Iā€™m building ā‚”ABIN: a community of cabins for creators, an embassy for DAOs, and an experiment in decentralized cities.

1. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

Iā€™ve been watching this community from the twitter-verse for the past few years, and finally had the joy of meeting many of you in person at MCON. The warmth, openness, intelligence, builderā€™s mindset, thoughtful approach to the future, and shared love of Elinor Ostrom made me feel like I had found my tribe :hot_pepper:

1. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH optional pledge for female candidates , minimum 50 ETH for organizations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETH

1. What else should we know about you?

Iā€™d love to host meta gatherings at the cabins!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m jonathanp (jp) :wave:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jonathanprozzi
Discord: jonathanp#9885
GitHub: https://github.com/jonathanprozzi
Eth Address: 0x0B5f5a722Ac5E8EcEDf4da39A656fe5f1e76b34C (jonathanprozzi.eth)

I applied to the Raid Guild Season 1 cohort in May 2021, and I became a full member in June. Iā€™ve worked on several Raids and RIPs, and around the same time I started contributing to DAOhaus as a Ranger and occasionally as a Magesmith (looking to contribute more on that end moving forward). Iā€™ve recently joined WarCamp and am furthering my commitment to the DAO ecosystem. I started contributing to DAOhaus through taking and sharing show notes for each Haus Party Live! which allowed me to get to know folks and to become more familiar with the larger ecosystem. Iā€™m a scribe for the weekly MetaGame Builders Align meetings since that was one of the first projects I explored when joining Raid Guild.

Most recently I helped build the MCON site which was a great experience and allowed me to meet even more folks in this community. I helped with the Raid Guild Season 2 onboarding and got to know more folks in the community, and realized even more how much the MetaCartel values resonate with me. I also just wrapped up being the DAOhaus representative for the Gitcoin dGov Hackathon. Iā€™m currently working on Dungeon Master with some other Raid Guild folks and Iā€™m excited for us to share that with the larger community.

The MetaCartel community has been like a breath of fresh air. When I decided to apply to Raid Guild I wanted to try something new and fresh, and becoming involved in the MetaCartel ecosystem has been absolutely incredible. I want to continue to give back and contribute to a community that so strongly aligns with my core values.

Iā€™ve enjoyed every community project Iā€™ve worked on and I want to continue to offer my skillset (design and dev with an emphasis on frontend and UI) to the ecosystem to help expand and bring more folks in since this experience has been so powerful and incredible for me. The statement ā€œIf you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go togetherā€ resonates so strongly and I want to help the community continue to grow.

0 tribute / 1 share - sweat equity

Getting into web3 and working within the DAO ecosystem has been life changing. Iā€™ve greatly enjoyed meeting everyone and contributing, and am looking forward to doing more and meeting more folks in the community. I greatly enjoy solving problems and learning, and Iā€™m particularly interested in tools for thought. I worked in the EdTech/Makerspace/Hackerspace scene for years and I love how DAOs remind me of my favorite parts of hackathons and hacker culture.

ETH: helmass.eth
Twitter: @_helmass
Telegram: @helmass
Discord: helmass (Ryan - CST)#5725

1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web3.0 ecosystem?

My work in Web 3 is generally focused on writing, community analysis, and financial analysis. Since MCON I have been writing a series called Behind the Handle, and have published five articles on MetaCartel members (you can check it out here.) I have also written an article specifically about what makes the MetaCartel ecosystem special, which acts as a general overview to my five-part series. Outside of writing, within the MetaCartel, I have been focused on revamping the grantee flow process (with @Jeremy) to better assist granteeā€™s completing the necessary steps to receive a grant.

Over the past six months, I have been involved in various DAOs, specifically the Index Coop and Diamond DAO. Within these communities, my focus has been primarily on community analysis. One of the large projects I led at the Index Coop, was a community-wide survey, contributor interviews, and analysis. This work can be found here. I have pull back from contribution within the Index Coop and have recently focused on helping form/establish the Diamond DAO community (a MCV backed project).

1. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

I have wanted to join the MetaCartel ecosystem since joining Web 3, but wanted to establish myself/interests and demonstrate commitment to the ecosystem before sweating into the DAO. The people I have met here are top-notch (as people and as Web 3 leaders). I believe strongly in the community first approach and these are the people I want to spend time with as I continue my journey through Web 3.

1. What is your pledge size?

0 tribute / 1 share - sweat equity. @Yalor will champion me in

1. What else should we know about you?

I still work on Wallstreet as an equity research analyst and have visibility to leaving my job for a career in Web 3. My wife is doing her post doc at a hospital and we I cant wait for her to finish. Its been a long xx # of years and we have both sacrificed. We have two huge shepherds and do stuff with them outside daily. I received a scholarship to play sports in college and majored in psychology/art. I just recently got my first tattoos. One says thug life (with the t crossed out) and its on my forearm. Wallstreet does not approve of this move and crypto accepts meā€¦ Cheers all!

2 Likes

I donā€™t see your proposal @JosepBove can you link it here ?

I havenā€™t had the opportunity to work on a public project but I am continuously helping people through out discord and writing some contracts for the ones that I can reach. Personally, I am messing up with ERC1155 tokens and other proposals, always creating something new and mixing old stuff together.

I want to join the MetaCartel DAO because Iā€™ve always wanted to be part of a community and find new opportunities to help people out and use my skills.

3. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH optional pledge for female candidates , minimum 50 ETH for organizations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)
    I donā€™t have enough money to afford the pledge, so I am asking for a sponsor.

I am still 15, so I donā€™t have working experience or that amount of money :sweat_smile:, but in the other hand, I have plenty of time available to dedicate to the community and learn new stuff.

Hey @naomsa thanks for applying, first I would suggest heading to the PadawanDAO https://discord.gg/56JBjx6KKz to apply for their scholarship program, you could meet up with some people your age and hack on things, then we will see about you finding your way into the Cartel sometime in the future.

If you havenā€™t already head over to #community and make an introduction post šŸŽ‰ The BIG ā€˜introduce yourselfā€™ thread - #176 by cerberus and explain what you are capable of, what you would be interested to work on so we can asses potential opportunities for you to work your way in :hammer_and_wrench:šŸ§‘šŸ½ā€šŸ­:fire:

1 Like

ā€¢ What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?
Iā€™m pretty new to web3 but thus far Iā€™ve made a contract to tokenize Discord engagement (with the help of a MetaCartel grant :pray:), am a study lead in a learning DAO, and have generally tried to be helpful to others on their DAO journey. Iā€™m interested in contributing more!
ā€¢ Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
I want to participate more in MetaCartelā€™s ecosystem. I received a grant, am going to be in the next cohort of Raid Guild, going to contribute to DAOHaus, and would be honored to be a member of the OG DAO itself.
ā€¢ What is your pledge?
A bot that aggregates active proposals in Discord ā€” Generates an embed upon SubmitProposal being emitted from the contract, and updates on SponsorProposal, SubmitVote, and ProcessProposal being emitted according to their function (e.g. updates vote count for SubmitVote).
Iā€™d like to be a part of a general effort to get the Discord community more active!
Reach out to Autocrat#0777 on Discord to check it out

1. Working at a crypto accelerator

I am currently helping accelerate a stealth zkRollup computational scalability solution (no pun intended) as part of nonce classic, a crypto accelerator from South Korea. I started my career at another Korean crypto accelerator back in 2018.

2. Worked on decentralizing a crypto hacker village

Iā€™ve been involved with nonce, a Korean web3 hacker village for more than three years. I was a resident for two years and my last year I was part of the operations team. Iā€™ve conducted several experiments on governance, community rituals, curation > protocols etc.

3. Introducing crypto to normies

I created a crypto 101 YouTube series for Boomers featuring myself and boomers as panel guests. I also translated a few crypto articles into Korean. Recently, my interest has been letting people know that better alternatives to traditional pyramid organizations exist in the form of DAOs.

1. MetaCartel as the DAO Laboratory

I understand right now weā€™re in the prehistoric age for DAOs. I would love to be part of MetaCartel to be at the forefront of the revolution. I want to witness iterations and see how we reach the DAO Renaissance. As someone who is used to traditional SaaS, every time I use Discord or Discourse I find it awkward. Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that unless Iā€™m in a more functional DAO with autonomous people, thereā€™s no way for me to contextualize these prehistoric tools and know where, when, why, and how to use them. MetaCartel is pushing at the boundaries and experiments seem plentiful.

2. Funding Public Goods

The thought of the patriarchal state losing its power excited me in the early days of my crypto adventure. At the same time I kept wondering who will take charge and provide goods and services existing governments were providing such as building/maintaining public infrastructure and a social safety net? Grants seem like the way forward so far and I would love to be part of this grants DAO.

5 ETH

I recently started to gather people for a digital nomad community in Yangyang, a surfing spot in Korea. I hope to spread the nomad culture in Korea and the initial contents creation will be in Korean, but all language speakers are welcome! (DM me if interested)

6. Share your address that you have pledged with.

0x392214B7643bfD9aAf8C0475289f77847401eD90

Hello, im pab :slight_smile:
https://twitter.com/pprhsk

Iā€™ve been contributing illustration / design work for several DAOs / projects within the MetaCartel ecosystem since around november 2020 (1hive, metagame, metafactory, among others) - my most recent contribution was the brand book / art for MCON2 which was used on the main website, printables for the event, including signage, merch, whiskey labels, etc.

Iā€™ve been following the ecosystem for some time and really feel aligned w mission / vision / values / the community in general - I want to continue helping the best way I can and learn as much as I can from both my own contributions as well as from others in the DAO both online and IRL

3. What is your pledge size? a sizeable puddle of blood, sweat and tears

Right now I am working part time at The Defiant as illustrator for daily articles, and the rest of the time I spend contributing @ MetaFactory and other side projects

Before getting into crypto at all I used to work in the music industry (art / design for record sleeves, merch, festival branding, gig posters, etc.) I got into crypto because a friend of mine I used to work with payed me for a poster w Bitcoin in 2018. I then started learning more and more about cypherpunk culture and I couldnā€™t look back.
    This video got me deeper into the rabbithole, every time i watch it now I get p emotional lol Aragon - The fight for freedom - YouTube

my eth address is 0xpab.eth / 0xFBC56Be13C23c18B6864D062e413da3c7e0f74Fb

4 Likes

Hey gang - it was cool to hang with lots of you last week in Mcon. Iā€™m excited to now apply to join for real.

• Investing via Eden Block since Jan 2020 into Web3 infrastructure

• Support for teams in our portfolio on everything from community building, legal structuring and governance (Biconomy, Pocket, Tenderize) to token design and growth (Nym), and more recently across the portfolio on topics like organisational culture and mission, vision, and purpose.

• Helped build out the blockchain practice in London for the US law firm Orrick in 2017. Although, TBH, apart from working with FOMOā€™ing investors, and telling regulators to keep calm and carry on, most of my work was boring legal stuff behind the scenes iterating with lawyers on the optimal UK/US investment structures for token rounds. Needless to say, we never found the optimal model.

• Reasonably active angel in the space; writing personal cheques into the likes of Murmur, Noble, Origami, Rated, Samudai, and 6 others.

• Research and writing on topics such as defensibility in DeFi, the importance of culture and values in cryptonetworks, DAOs, the importance of decentralised control over fundamental resources, infrastructure as public goods, privacy, amongst others.

Metacartel plays a vital role as a Schelling point for web3 values and a no-strings-attached funder of projects that can drive Web3 adoption. Iā€™d love to be a part of the next stage of cultivating and growing Metacartelā€™s unique and spicy spirit of collaboration and fun.

I spent two years on the board of ICE, a (now) 400+ member international community of tech founders and investors and have seen how communities can falter when trying to ā€œprofessionaliseā€ or scale too quickly. I hope to be able to share some learnings in this regard.

As an early employee at the websummit in 2012, I saw firsthand how a community-first approach could win. I believe I can share some useful experiences as the DAO continues to iterate on how best to combine hosting bigger annual events like Mcon with more intimate events and retreats throughout the year.

In the spirit of leaning into collaboration and coordination, I would love to work with the DAO to develop an open source playbook and set of principles for building successful DAOs that can last the test of time; to ultimately produce something like YCā€™s startup school for DAOs, but in a Github-like format to make it easier to update and contribute to continually. Through collaborating across the community with the likes of Gnosis and their nascent Zodiac wiki of DAO organisational patterns, I think the Metacartel community could turn a project like this into an important public good. Realistically weā€™re not ready yet to claim there is a definitive playbook for anything, but many learnings and practices seem not to be shared as widely as they could be. Cross-community collaboration to document best current practices and guiding theory seems to be a step in the right direction.

3. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH optional pledge for female candidates, minimum 50 ETH for organizations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

16.9 ETH

Although Iā€™m extremely uncoordinated, I tend to throw myself into anything outdoorsy, whether in the sea, up a mountain, or paddleboarding on Londonā€™s murky canals.

You can find me on twitter here

5. You will need to send wETH using xDai, create a New Membership proposal here

Done. My address is dermot.eth / 0x09988E9AEb8c0B835619305Abfe2cE68FEa17722

3 Likes

Hi @dermot Thanks for the introduction and the very generous offering to join Meta Cartel. Thatā€™s awesome! We meet every Tuesday so Iā€™ll make sure your post is highlighted for members to see. The next step would be to make an actual onchain proposal using the DAOhaus app. If youā€™ve never used the app before we can arrange for someone to help you with that. Iā€™ll get back in touch on Tuesday after we have our meeting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers @boilerrat - you can see my onchain tx here - Gnosis Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | GnosisScan

I couldnā€™t see it on the DAOhaus app afterwards, but assumed that was because of how the UI works for non-voters?

Oh, I didnā€™t see it there either. It may have ended up in the spam control, which is weird because it shouldnā€™t go there if there is an ā€œofferingā€. Unfortunately I get the white screen of death on mobile, but if someone doesnā€™t pull it out by the time Iā€™m home later, Iā€™ll pull it out.

1 Like

Hey @dermot Iā€™m Yalor, one of the early MetaCartel folks who helped put on MCON. Itā€™s great to see your interest in the group and your willingness to pledge funds to the DAO.

I would like to connect with you to learn more about your goals and your level of involvement in the Dapp grants ecosystem, but Iā€™m afraid I cannot do that before your proposal which was rushed into the voting period passes, so as a matter of policy I am going to reject your proposal for the time being, with the hope that we can connect one on one to learn more about your goals and interests in MC.

Hope this is taken with the spirit of which it is intended :handshake:šŸ½

Hey @Yalor

Thanks for your message. Weā€™re yet to meet properly; Iā€™ve only seen you doing your thing from afar, and I appreciate that you donā€™t know who I am, so I can understand where youā€™re coming from!

In hindsight, itā€™s pretty obvious that I should have spent more time tapping up as many of the cartelians as possible before putting in my proposal. While I know and have met a reasonable number of you over the years, itā€™s nowhere close to the majority. And a dry forum proposal isnā€™t usually the best format for first impressions.

I would love to be part of this community and promise you there is more to me than a very cheap Hashmasks avatar. So irrespective of the proposal, I would love to connect with you, Yalor, as well as anyone else who is up for it. And I hope to see as many of you as possible in Bogota for Devcon next month.

Cheers :v:

Hello! Here is my membership proposal :smiley:

I really appreciate the good community. It is always hard to take a leap of faith, but people I met at MetaCartel and MCON are so nice. Made it much easier for me to dive into DAO world!

My sweat sweat

Actually I tried to buy blood equity earlier this year, but switched to sweating in after Yalor asked me ā€˜which one is more valuable, your money or your effort.ā€™ I am glad I chose the latter!

This is my proposal back then :slight_smile:

1. My onchain proposal link
    DAOhaus

Absolutely, want to shoot me a message on Telegram and we can setup a chance to talk ?

@YalorMewn

1 Like

I think the shares should match the tribute at least. Generally weā€™d want you to start with 10 ETH and 10 shares. Iā€™d vote yes on a proposal that matches this.