šŸ€ DAO Membership Proposals thread

respekt here lol :clap::clap::clap:

Hey folks, Iā€™m Jonathan! Below is my app to join the guild. My introduction is here:

1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?
  • I gave a talk at EthDenver on node-red and blockchain interaction.
  • Created node-red-contrib-ethers for typesafe interaction with contracts from node-red (jadbox/node-red-contrib-ethers)
  • Worked on Pillarā€™s token onboarding relay
  • Currently developing webwallet integration with dapps through eip-1193
  • Started the sharing CO-OP DAO project (twitter.com/coopdao)
  • Help to create and manage the Collab19 DAO project for covid19 relief funding
  • Lots of webwallet and dao-ops work with Abridged
  • Currently aiding RaidGuild with operations
  1. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

As an active member of RaidGuild and other DAOs, Iā€™d like to join our larger ā€œparentā€ community. Iā€™d like to participate in town halls and help be involved in larger community organizational efforts.

1. What is your pledge size? 10 ETH

2. What else should we know about you?

Iā€™ve been a developer for most of my life, but the last couples years Iā€™ve dedicated myself to aiding the broader technology around community development. The last few years I built the New Dialogue Foundation (newdialogue DOT org) as a way to run multiple experiments to help communities with mixed diversity thrive.
My core focus is making DAOs successful for caring communities that wish to a) better manage themselves and build trust b) provide a scalable means to provide resource sharing c) bring this technology to the masses through improving DAO-Ops.

It would be an honor and a pleasure to join MetaCartel, and I promised to do everything I can do ensure that this community thrives. :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

Wallet: jadbox.eth

Sir James Young will be my champion for my membership proposal.

4 Likes

Hi there!

I currently work at DFINITY on the Product side!
2. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
I am interested in decentralized forms of governance and would love to experience & contribute firsthand.
3. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organisations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)
I pledged 5 ETH
4. What else should we know about you?
I am interested in the broader implications of DAOs as a way of collective governance.
5. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io
I pledged in ETH instead of WETH (lmk if I should change that)
6. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2
Have done so!
7. Share your address that you have pledged with.
My address is 0xD4aA67f778Bba2805bC122F18F3d61Df59C7A542

I do believe that Moloch DAOā€™s donā€™t accept ETH. Thatā€™s why WEth is specified as the tribute. Let me see what can be done about your funds.

Hi @whizwang I looked into your pledge, it appears you havenā€™t sent the transaction yet https://etherscan.io/address/0xd4aa67f778bba2805bc122f18f3d61df59c7a542 which is good.

Youā€™ll need to head over to https://wrapeth.com/ and convert the ETH to WETH then you can make your tribute to the DAO.

If you need hand with this just DM on Telegram @yalormewn :email: cheers.

[quote=ā€œpet3rpan, post:1, topic:51ā€]

• What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

Iā€™ve mostly worked on Peeps Democracy, which started as an independent project, did a stint at ConsenSys, and then became independent once more in July 2019. Weā€™ve built WeThePeeps, which was a web2-first political contributions DAO experiment, and then PeepsDAO, which is a platform that uses a Moloch V2 fork tailored to the needs of social, nonprofit, and political organizations (i.e. any community with a shared purpose that doesnā€™t involve distributing profits). Iā€™ve also recently gotten involved the LexDAO community, since Iā€™m a lawyer who fell down the solidity rabbit hole a few years back.

• Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

Because if you want to go far you have to go together. Iā€™ve gotten to know various members of MetaCartel over the past several months and seen the amazing work that MetaCartel has done for the ecosystem, from helping to revive DAOs as a coordination mechanism to creating MetaCartel Ventures and grants to support projects working in this space. Iā€™m hoping to contribute to the community by using my hacking + DAO + legal background to create good sh!t that doesnā€™t land people in jail (unless thatā€™s the point).

• What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organisations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETHā€¦not an ETH whale, so most of my contributions gotta be work and wisdom (not wealth).

• What else should we know about you?

Became a Dad back in Feb. right before ETH Denver (why I was only ā€œallowedā€ to stay for one day). Love cooking, especially tacos, which might be another reason I want to join MetaCartel. Pretty active in a university alumni entrepreneurship community and access to justice legal tech community.

• You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io

I used wrapeth.com (kudos to raid guild)

• Go to this link and pledge (one transaction)

Done

• Share your address that you have pledged with.

pledged with 0x7136fbDdD4DFfa2369A9283B6E90A040318011Ca **
    ** transaction hash 0x03d8eec6cb2c9b4ac6a084dff9dc11c9401203b9c87ac7fc883452d686091041

2 Likes

Hi there! I successfully converted the ETH into WETH but I canā€™t ā€œrepledgeā€ on Daohaus because it says my application is in progress. I think you might have to ā€œrejectā€ my application so I send it in again

Nvm I figured it out! Pledged 5 WETH, lmk if you received

1 Like

Great work, way to solve your own problems. Welcome to the Cartel :pizza:

1. What have you worked on/how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

Hello everyone! I am Pablo from Aave team and Iā€™m applying on behalf of Aave, the open source and non-custodial protocol for money market creation on Ethereum. This January we released Aave Protocol on mainnet, with the Aave Market where depositors can earn interest by providing liquidity to lending pools, while borrowers can obtain loans by tapping into these pools with variable and stable interest rate options. Just last week we released the second money market on Aave to boost DeFi composability: the Uniswap Market, where users can borrow against their Uniswap liquidity provider tokens. We just surpassed $100M market size only 6 months after going live, a record for the DeFi ecosystem.

Decentralization is the foundation of what we do at Aave, and we are big supporters of DAOs. The Ethereum community is extremely interconnected, and weā€™d like to build out these connections and strengthen not just the DeFi ecosystem, but Ethereum as a whole. We had a great experience being part of the MetaCartel Dragon Quest hackathon, and weā€™d love to be a part of MetaCartel DAO.

1. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH, max 100 ETH)

50 ETH

1. What else should we know about you?

Aave has been around since 2017ā€”it was originally called ā€œETHLendā€, and it was the first decentralized peer-to-peer lending platform on Ethereum. We rebranded to Aave when we switched from a peer-to-peer model to a lending pool model. We also have our own grants program for projects that contribute to the Aave or overall DeFi ecosystem: https://medium.com/aave/aave-ecosystem-grants-88260ede1485

1. Go through the steps and share your approval tx:
    Approval:
    https://etherscan.io/tx/0x7e817ee5d00a804ba87636c89c31e852b5f77238726e0ed744b88add256a412a

2. Share your address that you have pledged with:
    0x357B7E9AcD156c0f930B75c6aE6A42F3D9173042

3 Likes

This is amazing, just want to say thank you for the signal this brings and the feedback on Dragon Quest, makes all the sweat and tears worth it :100: :sparkling_heart: :clap:

Stupid question: On the pledge form, can someone explain: ā€œHow many shares are you requesting?ā€ I would like to pledge 10 eth. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

In recent years I have worked on projects in very different areas within the Web 3.0 ecosystem, from consulting to open source projects. Currently, Iā€™m working for a Telco on the blockchain infrastructure layer. My main focus is on generative art mixed with blockchain technology and on infrastructure.
Some of the project I worked on lately:
https://github.com/Art-Decode/network2network (1 place Polkadot Bounty program for visualization tools)
https://github.com/swisscom-blockchain/polkadot-k8s-operator
( Grant from W3F)

Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

Iā€™m very interested in experimental and early-stage projects, especially if related to art or infrastructure. Iā€™d like to contribute whenever is possible (developing, supporting, or investing). If a project particularly draws my attention I might consider to joining it.

What is your pledge size?
10 ETH

am working with governments and cities in Europe

get organized and bring web3 to the next level, building the ecosystem with all required stakeholders (not only developers)

3. What is your pledge size?

10 shares my friend, 10 ETH = 10 DAO shares.

Hi @netzm8 would you mind expanding with some more details? Maybe check out some of the posts above like: šŸ€ DAO Membership Proposals thread
Cheers!

Hi @Sky,
thanks for the request. Happy to further answer questions in a direct communication.

Here are some more specifics:

am working with governments and cities in Europe

Three examples:
(1) Early Contributor to Gaia-X (the digital and data sovereignty project of the EU, with the goal to stimulate a decentralized, Open Source and fair digital ecosystem complying with European values.
(2) Member in the Advisory board of the smart city project ā€œDigitalstadt Darmstadtā€, which won the German smart City competition run by BITKOM (german association of digital companies)
(3) Member of RadicalxChange (RadicalxChange aims to build a clear, coherent, and sustainable alternative to capitalism that embraces markets, egalitarianism, community, and decentralization.), working with several layers of Government, Think Tanks and political actors. Main topics at the moment are Data Dignity and Funding of Public Goods (like Open Source).

Please also see linkedin.com/in/fauler and @XQTStrategy

get organized and bring web3 to the next level, building the ecosystem with all required stakeholders (not only developers)

Accelerate Web3 adoption as I see the opportunity window wide open NOW. Network and gain more personal exposure to the overall ecosystem.

-Iā€™ve worked at CoinList for the past 3 years, where I run the token sales business and lead business operations. Iā€™ve worked closely with a handful of teams like NuCypher, NEAR, and Solana on helping to bring their tokens to market.

-I maintain Dove Mountain Data, the largest database of crypto investing and fundraising activity

-Iā€™m actively investing in early Web3 teams like ARC, InstaDApp, OpenSea, and Set Protocol.

I want to get more involved in (and help out in!) crypto-native communities and have heard great things about the people involved in MetaCartel

1. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organisations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETH

1. What else should we know about you?
  2. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io
  3. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2
  4. Share your address that you have pledged with.

0xD425333DD22B049f143522e519a06462c633F37a

co-founder Infura, 2016-2019
co-founder Kchannels, 2019-

Join discussions around 1) DAOs and 2) Layer2 as an enabler of mass adoption

https://twitter.com/maurycy

ok

ok

0xc53f9E67D8d2593BF976d4C0953E9f0Ac35bd51F

Iā€™ve been a developer in the space since 2016, and later founded the Bounties Network project. Iā€™ve been a builder, a mentor, and general advocate for the last 4 years, running meet ups and helping launch the first ETHWaterloo hackathon (which later became ETHGlobal).

I want to join the community to build stronger relationships with the community builders in this ecosystem, and to keep abreast of the MetaCartelā€™s experiments around DAOs and community tokens.

3. What is your pledge size?
    (I performed an audit of the WhalerDAO TREE contracts at Yalorā€™s request as part of my tribute).

4. What else should we know about you?
    https://twitter.com/markbeylin

OK

OK

1. Share your address that you have pledged with.
    0xbfdb50dc66c8df9fd9688d8fe5a0c34126427645
1 Like