Currently, there is no way to notify DApp users, and this leads to issues like poor retention and not ideal UX. This is the first of a hopefully larger scope of work to notify users of events within the Ethereum ecosystem.
Why is this needed?
- DeFi platforms need a way to notify users when debt positions are about to be closed.
- ENS needs a way to notify users when domains are about to expire.
- MolochDAO, DAOStack, Aragon and Colony need a way to notify users when voting periods start or about to end.
- Upgradability mechanisms need ways to notify users of upcoming upgrades.
Essential goals for the standard:
- Send notifications to Ethereum addresses
- Send notifications to Multi-sig wallets
- Batch send many notifications
- Allow inclusion of
- target url (e.g. click to navigate to proposal page)
- transacion details (e.g. click to interact with a DApp)
- Spam resistance
Additional goals for the standard:
- Manage notification preferences
- Allow/Block senders
- Allow/Block specific topics from a sender
Phase 1 (this proposal):
- Establishment of the standard
- Build infrastructure and tools for its easy adoption
- Docs, smart contract deployment, npm package, website
- Wallet integrations
- MolochDAO integration
- Develop ERC, review and discuss with as many ppl from the community as possible.
- Finalize ERC and get it accepted by Ethereum Foundation.
A few weeks to finalize the draft and make sure we share through as many channels as possible, plus I think around a month for the standard discussion.
Token Requested: 20 ETH
We are the team behind ETHWaterloo Wallet Notify hack and we want to keep working on it and make Ethereum push notification happen.
Roman Pavlovskyi - is a full-stack JS developer who also worked as a technical writer on making SecurEth smart contract development guidelines that were promoted as a development standard for the Ethereum community.
Amsul Naeem - is a front-end developer and designer working at Nash exchange and a teacher of React and Blockchain courses at George Brown University.
Igor Markelov - is a data scientist, AI developer, and crypto enthusiast.
Rustam Kovhaev - is a Linux kernel developer and crypto enthusiast with extensive knowledge of open source software development community landscape and practices.