Operation: Jar of Algae
Aim of the mission:
Share our work on DAOs and bring them to other non-crypto communities. Show how they are able to potentially self-coordinate and allocate funding towards their own causes. Forge relationships with DAO-curious community builders and ultimately build bridges between MetaCartel with relevantly aligned communities outside of crypto.
Nature of the mission: User research, diplomacy
- Conducting user interviews with community builders from other communities
- Creating content to enable the understanding of what DAOs are (eg. DAOs for dummies)
- Participating in other communities to gain insight into their coordination practices
- To forge trust and relationships with DAO-curious community builders (takes time to build trust and get to know other people from communities)
- North star: Connect & build relationships with 8 other DAO-interested communities
- Documented insights on how to go about bringing DAOs to other communities, share what resonated with others, share insights learned (aim is to eventually get down a playbook for our meta-missionaries to go out there to spread knowledge - think of MetaCartel as the ‘Mecca’ for DAOs)
- To forge trust and relationships with DAO-curious community builders
- Peter (pet3rpan) - I know how to talk to other community builders/founders and am well versed in the process/ins and outs of community building.
Approximately 1 month ~
3000 USD + other potential expenses eg. podcast editing
What is the vision I am exploring for MetaCartel?
We re-discovered the ‘meta’ religion of the community first ethos via DAOs and are missionaries that look to share this with the rest of the world around us. (should be reasonably competent for this mission)
We have built a MetaCity of various projects, DAOs and other communities in crypto. The next step is to establish MetaCartel as a digital nation-state that acts as a connector, aggregator, and portal to other missions’ first, values-driven communities. MetaCartel’s strength is in its ability to become an effective social ‘meta’ community layer (trust-based community network). Think of MetaCartel DAO as the airport to the rest of the MetaUniverse of projects and communities.