The BIG ‘dApp idea' thread

Shower Thots:

Initial Twitter Offering (ITO) Dapp + Underwriter Service

I think there is a business to make here. The whole process of creating a token, creating an exchange on uniswap, adding liquidity, etc… could be a service and a few clicks. It requires a liquidity provider (in this case I’m providing liquidity for myself by putting up my own ETH on uniswap) and an underwriter to help identify and onboard valuable prospective twitter users. Eventually as an advertiser I’d want some sort of meaningful list of twitter influencer accounts that I could check off and then submit payment to a service that automatically 1) buys 1 tweet token from all of them on uniswap 2) send it to their wallet 3) notifies them with the tweet info. Probably best to start with crypto influencers because then they would market it themselves :slight_smile:

Sharknado: FOMO3D + Tornado.Cash

Make a wrapper contract around tornado cash that takes a little extra money and puts in a pool, then distributes dividends and via a lottery for the last one to do it (e.g. if no one does it for 1 hour, you win). This would give everyone a reason to go put their money through Tornado.cash RIGHT NOW in order to get in on this game and then TELL EVERYONE and have the nice positive benefit of enhancing privacy and awareness around privacy for everyone.

Monetization

Both of the above ideas could simply issue 100-10,000 claims tokens and start as purely crypto-native business, then sell some (or all) claims tokens to VENTURE DAO when launched. If the business is 100% owned by VENTURE DAO, though, then it would basically be a VENTURE DAO operation where funding comes from the members.

Cross-link to my tweet about this post:

3 Likes

Here’s another idea:

A dApp that (like WordPress) allows users to build websites, but hosted on IPFS and ENS instead (i.e. decentralized and unstoppable). Apart from paid .eth domain names, the dApp could offer free website names (like WordPress does) by adding subdomains to the dApp’s main .eth domain. The dApp could make sure that every new website shows up in the Almonit search engine. And a mobile UI would be nice too.

It may not sound as exciting as other ideas, but I think it could attract and onboard a lot of non-crypto users, given a little marketing.

3 Likes

Furthermore…

If people used their new websites on IPFS+ENS to upload personal photos and videos (i.e. like a Facebook profile), we’d only be one step away from creating a decentralized social media network. All that would be needed is giving users the ability to send/receive invitations to connect, and the ability to grant/deny access to their websites (could this be done with web3 browsers by using Ethereum public keys?). Users could also have public and private websites (i.e. public and private profiles).

1 Like

We already build something would do this. its over at https://pilot.dap.media/ . I’ve termed what it does as bi-constituency curation - something unique in the DAO space and crucial to prevent the primary attack vectors. (Portis and 3box did not exist when we started building this)

Idea 1: A collective email client / ie: Thunderbird (which is open source, so could be used)
Idea 2: linktr.ee but decentralized and free, and potentially with a search function | Hypothetical use - someone sees me on twitter rambling about crypto art, goes to (insert clever name).site and can search brucethegoose to find the page i’ve created with all my links

My great idea is inspired by PoolTogether. It tries to deepen the concept of a no looser lottery. In fact any fund deposited into this lottery automatically grows because every participant gets 50% of the gains made by his deposit paid directly to him while only 50% is pooled. I call it either SaveTogether or GetRichTogether, GRT. I am convinced that this format will encourage participants to put in higher amounts and keep those amounts in for longer. This way, even the pool naturally becomes bigger because although a lower percentage is being pooled, it is a percentage of a higher amount- the increased deposits I referred to earlier.

My big dApp idea is a network where people are able to donate for making use of goods and services as well as invest in form of donation. The basic principle behind the idea is that we’re all connected and we’re all related. Especially this part, the way we relate to each other might change radically towards the positive. Life can simply become so much easier and joyful when we’re able to do this, and we’re already doing this. The quality of human society, is already increasing a lot over the last couple of decades (although of course there’s also ugliness), and a donation economy will be a big part of this, I believe.

There’s a lot more around it, building networks and communities and offer the tools to do this, using what’s already available.

I’m specifically here looking for people to collaborate. You can find more info on the website; In our nature about this project and the background. It’s revolutionary in the social implications that it has and I believe it’s simply something many of us are ready for.

Just send me a message if you want to connect!

Ewoud

Hi Ewoud, I like your sentiment. For a year or so, I have been working with a co-founder on a dapp that would accept multiple exchange rates (free, cash, crypto, or barter). It is a collaborative social marketplace to help small businesses and individual creators live a sustainable life. Our focus of exchange is on individuals, community, and the planet. Imagine, a platform like Amazon that is more social like FB, but has strong values and gamification.

We imagine building some aspects on and off the blockchain. At the moment, I am researching how to create smart contracts that share “royalties” with multiple creators so that artists can collaborate and share craft. For example, a creator wants to assemble a BLM documentary with content from multiple cities. We can use smart contracts to set the criteria and use peer-to-peer validation.

Our goal with the platform is to multiple states of “flow” in persons therefore raising the conscious level of humanity. We recognize the more we give and receive freely, abundance multiplies.

I would love to connect with you and others!

1 Like

hi I have just posted a thread on the DAPP i am working on: www.alumna.eu

Alumna aims to propel the decentralisation of global education markets into the future through a fintech ecosystem using the digital economy.

Look forward to read the full thread.

1 Like

I am building a NFT based DAO to enable individuals who are enthusiastic about NFTs but unable to purchase them pool funds together to purchase the NFTs, then the NFTs is stored in a vault and fractionalized into shards and individuals who contributed to the purchase of the NFT get to receive shards in equivalent value to the amount they pooled in and the shards can be traded on Dexes, also the DAO would enable gamers who want to take part of the play to earn system of NFT games but don’t have the funds to, to borrow assets from the DAO through guilds.

1 Like

Great idea, fractionalize NFT’s to give anyone access, nice

Hi everyone
I have a consultancy that I want to take to an Incubator/Accelerator on Web 3.
I have 4 main project start-ups under the company profile and a few more lined up for next year. They all have the use case and possibilities to go on to Web 3 as well.
I see the Incubator in four ways

1. NFT – Giving the Incubator and its projects Instant Smart Contract Ownership, Copyright, TM, Intellectual Property and the ability to replace Digital Securities.

2. DeFi – AMM, Pooling Liquidity & Staking % APR, Lending, and Insurances, to handle the Equity side.

3. DAO - creating an ecosystem where everyone is a stakeholder working to help others succeed.

4. Start-Up Kit - Then to have ready-made blockchain solutions for our client startup on the Web 3.0 platform, with the focus on developing DeFi and NFT structures within them.

If anyone is interested to find out more just send me a message, I would like to start putting a plan together on how and when I can start doing this.
In advance
Thank you
Morne Olivier

Society that helps each other grow

Title: SOSR- Shared ownership, shared responsibility
Description: DAO to replace traditional real-estate system for investing and decisions on rents. Imagine Berlin rental issue but decision was made with DAO - all stakeholders votes for decision, given everyone could invest and take part. We operate on assumption that people choose to do good for community given right incentives and information.
Manifesto/Vision: Society that helps each other grow. Ownership, Responsibility, Empowerment.
Problem: 3rd party decisions in real-estate ruled by money power, in Berlin rental issue, millions suffered after decision was overturned. Investment barriers for young and middle class, low liquidity and complex process of real-estate
Solution: DAO that incentivises good behaviour, manages funds & rental price, offers fractional real-estate ownership using smart contracts, reinvests through compound, and shared responsibility for future of community.
Product: Passive income through real-estate investment starting from €50, platform for impacting the community > 1- Berlin residential real-estate, 2- Global real-estate markets
Validation: Propy, Omni $ORT, Republic, RealBlocks, Crowdstreet
Progress: Protocol development,
Differentiation:
Team: 2
Grant Request $10,000
Funds
Help: It’s a DAO, everyone’s participation is needed :fist:
Additional Resources

@pet3rpan @yaniv to get it to your attention.

This post belongs in #dao-proposal not the idea thread. Also neither of the people you tagged are actively participating in the grants funding process. You’ll need to find a grantee guide to get added to a proposal discussion.

Super interested for you all to play around with Truckin’ Coins, check us out! Truckingcoins.com

Hi!

If you have the time, we’d love your feedback on @openPool, a project we’re building to make it easy to invest in cryptocurrencies with your friends and community. In 10 minutes or less, you’ll be able to set up your custom DAO and corresponding group token.

To get started, all you need to do is set up your pool’s rules, including what cryptocurrencies and allocations to include, along with your token information. Once that’s completed, you’ll be able to deploy your DAO and invite your community to follow it.

Some of the applications we see for openPool include:

1. Setting up pools with friends and family to learn more about cryptocurrencies together
  2. Creating your own sort of rolling fund for cryptocurrencies
  3. Creating or joining pools to get exposure to unique allocations of cryptocurrencies

We’re still in development and we’re exciting to hear what you think, also you can check out our landing page here: https://www.openpool.co

Hey Everyone, Dickie here from Koia.

I would love to hear everyone’s feedback on Koia.

We have a TradFi iOS app but want to migrate to Web3 and will be looking for some grant funding.

Whitepaper

TL;DR

• Koia dApp will democratise access to alternative assets to enable anyone to buy, sell and collect iconic collectible items without the usual hassle

• Our longer-term vision incorporates the fusion of real-world assets with usable digital replicas in the metaverse

• Our utility token will facilitate community governance decisions, exclusive access to platform features and potentially, shared future revenue from trading and asset ownership

Looking forward to your comments/feedback!

Thanks

Hi, we are planning to make a dApp for the organization of Freemasons. The name of the dApp is Masonic Passport. Any support is welcome at this stage of the project. You can read more about what Digital Freemasonry is at: https://digitalfreemasonry.com/ and for those who want more serious help, they can download the Pitch Deck at this link: Masonic Passport dApp - Pitch Deck.pdf - Google Drive /view?usp=share_link
Thanks in advance.