šŸŽ‰ The BIG ā€˜introduce yourselfā€™ thread

Hey Luis, I DMā€™d you from @BlockExamples. Look forward to hearing from you!

:wave: Hi, my name is Dan Forbes. Iā€™m a software engineer with experience as a developer advocate in the smart contract space. I am interested in helping to develop new decentralized ways for humans to interact. Recently, I wrote a reference document for Ethereum smart contract development as well as created a project to experiment with the EVM module for the Substrate blockchain development framework from Parity Technologies :nerd_face: Iā€™m looking forward to learning more about MetaCartel and finding ways to get involved with the community :rocket:

3 Likes

Hello everyone :wave: A quick bio: Iā€™m founder at twitter.com/thxprotocol. Fascinated by blockchain and interested in UX. Great at data-driven marketing. Responsible for investor matchmaking events at the Blockchain Netherlands Foundation (link).

Looking forward to meeting the MetaCartel community :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi there ! :wave:

Iā€™m Amalik from France :fr: Iā€™m a product manager for a long time, with experience in e-commerce, growthhacking, CRM and big data. Iā€™m also a crypto and DAO enthusiast.

I look forward reading from you guys ! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey everyone,
Iā€™m a sales engineer with dev experience. Been interested in in crypto & DLT for a few years now, am currently taking MITā€™s Blockchain Business Use Case course online. Wanted to be a part of something more hands on & technical.
Looking forward to getting involved.
-bb

3 Likes

Hey folks,

Iā€™m Jonathan, and in the last year Iā€™ve dived head first into the world of Ether and DAOs. Iā€™ve been a developer all my life so my challenge so my challenge has been mostly learning the new dimensional elements of Solidity and dapp development paradigms. My professional background is an odd mix of social gaming, developing creative software at Adobe, MMORPG servers, adtech, virtual conference platforms, and now blockchains. :slight_smile:

Today Iā€™m working with the Abridged crew, and Iā€™m excited to submit today my application to join the metacartel. :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

My main motivation is to get involved in DAOs to help provide communities that take care of each other, fostering trust and diversity, and provide them the technology to effectively manage their DAO [DAO-Ops].

Can find me on:
twitter: jadbox
Tg: jadbox

Guild membership post:

2 Likes

Hey, guys! :smile: :wave:

GonƧalo from ConsenSys Diligence, here!

Iā€™m eager to follow closer MetaCartel! Excited to be here!

For those who donā€™t know me feel free to check my page at http://kind.thief/ or my twitter at twitter.com/gnsps

(The first one is a Handshake domain so youā€™ll need to use something like nextdns .io)

:heart:

1 Like

Wandering through your forum since Pet3r introduced himself on ZebraUnites, a social impact group that espouses sustainable growth and not the blitzscaling so beloved of Silicon Valley. I had a look at your manifesto and suggested the following follow up reading to add some academic rigor into the claims. Feel free to discuss.

• Interlude: Crisis Cascade
    Satyajit Das (2011) Extreme Money: Masters of the Universe and the Cult of Risk [0-132-79019-X]
  • Brave New World
    Dick & Ruth Foth (2017) Known: Finding Deep Friendships in a Shallow World [0-735-28975-1]
  • Web of Opportunity
    Thomas Friedman (2007) The World is Flat: Further Updated & Expanded 3rd ed. [0-374-29278-7]
  • Web of Life
    Charles Eisenstein (2011) Sacred Economics: Money, Gift and Society in the Age of Transition [1-583-94398-6]
  • Feedback Loops & Gamification
    James Surowiecki (2005) The Wisdom of Crowds:Why the Many Are Smarter Than the Few and How Collective Wisdom Shapes Business, Economies, Societies and Nations [0-307-27505-1]
  • Fostering Autonomy and Mastery & the culture of challenge
    Dan Pink (2011) Drive; The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us [1-101-52438-3]
  • Disconnect in the Digital Realm
    Johann Hari (2018) Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression [1-408-87870-4]
  • MetaWorldview: Stepping outside the rat race
    Mike Berners-Lee (2019) There Is No Planet B: A Handbook for the Make or Break Years [1-108-33594-2]
  • MetaFam: A new digital collective
    Safi Bahcall (2019) Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries [1-250-18597-1]
  • Why now?
    Nicholas Carr (2008) The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google [0-393-06228-7]
  • Closing: Investing in Your Future
    Alan Kay (1984) Inventing the Future, in The AI Business: The Commercial Uses of Artificial Intelligence ed Patrick Winston & Karen Prendergast [978-0-26-223117-6]

Oh ā€¦ and Iā€™m wandering around the MetaGame as @drllau where I do primary research and zebra chasing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello yo,
Eylon from dHack, DAOstack, the world.
When the scamfest of 2017 pulled in full force I lost faith in Ethereum, but it was quickly restored when DAOs became as people forgot ā€œTHEDAOā€.

I think DAOs will be the foundation of future societal systems, opt-in, open source, and fully transparent organizations.

Recently Iā€™ve started calling them digital cooperatives as it is far easier to explain to people.

2 Likes

Hi Yā€™all,

Iā€™m Zach. Currently with ConsenSys on their investment side as a design strategist and co-running the Relays program.

If you want to see more of my work, my folio is up-to-date, and when Iā€™m not designing Web3 products, Iā€™m writing and sometimes drawing weird comics like Abducted (issue 5 launching in a couple of weeks). Always happy to talk shop (design, product, leadership, crypto), so HMU on Twitter or Telegram if you wanna chat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the wild west friend :partying_face:

:fire: Oh HI everyone! (How I never said HI in here until now is beyond me)

Iā€™m Simona - Bounties Network cofounder, Community Engagement at OST and Pepo+ ETHScholars program lead, Marketing Dao, MetaGammaDelta, 1Million Devs

Iā€™ve been getting a lot more involved with MetaCartel endeavours recently, running learning sessions for the Dragon Quest hackathon, contributing to Meta Game and generally weaving some of the MC projects into the work I do for the ecosystem.

Find me on Twitter at Sim_Pop if you havenā€™t already or Discord (simona pop#3265) - always up for interesting collaborations in the service of adoption.

:metal:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Myself is Manolingam from Tamilnadu, India (commonly known as Saimano), a freelance full stack developer working along with various web3 communities for the collective good. Am a MetaGamer, Apprentice at RaidGuild and recently hopped into the MetaCartel Community after taming some Dragons from the DragonQuest Hackathon.

Maybe I can rewind the tape for a little history about me. I havenā€™t still figured out a proper self intro yet :smile: So kindly bear with me.

It was two years back when I first heard about Bitcoin and was amazed by the value the digital currency owned. My early intention was just to hold some Bitcoins and be a millionaire once itā€™s price goes up (crazy enough though). I couldnā€™t buy as the prices were too high, so I tried mining with my PC which I later realized is not gonna work with hash rates over the roof. And thatā€™s when I started to dig around the technology & even started learning intense programming.

I took the Blockchain Developer Nanodegree program from Udacity which gave me a good kickstart. From there, I chose Ethereum as my primary blockchain platform and went on further with it. I learned web2 for web3. Eventually, I became highly passionate & curious about it. Ethereum and Web became my primary area of forte. I also do some blender, alexa and machine learning (AWS Deepracer) for fun.

Adding to it, I was never fond of the current system (education. economy, governance, etc) & always thought it needed to be redesigned. But didnā€™t know what exactly is wrong and how to fix even though blockchain seemed to be the solution. Because I didnā€™t had the wisdom on how to connect the two.

And I was never surrounded by like-minded people to share ideas & learn from each other (except the people in Omni wallet where I was interning earlier). These kind of stuff I talk about felt odd/useless for most of the people around me. So, I was more of a lone wolf kind of guy living in a world of mine. I knew there are comminities like MetaCartel but didnā€™t join as I neither had the $$ to pledge nor the practical knowledge. So, I spent time in acquiring atleast some minimal level of wisdom for the MetaVerse & then set a sail deeper into ethereum reading about DAOs, Defi, Tokens, etc. And then came this MetaGame which helped me a lot to navigate.

Also, by the time, DragonQuest was announced and I decided to take part in it. Infact, that was my first ever hackathon which also came to be my first ever web3 hackathon. It was a good ignition phase for myself to get hands on with projects. And after the end of dragon quest, @pet3rpan invited me to join the MetaCartel Telegram Community. And here I am in the forum too.

Well, thatā€™s it. A little history on me. Not a great one though but thatā€™s what I am :slight_smile:
And if I still interest you, hereā€™s more about my presence.

Also, glad to have been here!

4 Likes

:wave: :cowboy_hat_face: :metal:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Nich and I started out in the space as a community coordinator and content creator (mostly technical/educational) - more recently Iā€™ve been hacking on some stuff as well. Iā€™ve gotten to know the community through MetaGammaDelta, MetaGame, and some initiatives that have started during the pandemic like MetaSpace and DragonQuest.

Some highlights and things Iā€™ve worked on:

:calendar: Led developer-focused events with UNICEF, OmiseGo, MakerDAO, EF, Status in Bangkok

:woman_technologist:t2: Learned to buidl through ConsenSysā€™ Developer Bootcamp. My first ever dapp was CryptoFPL - a P2P fantasy football game powered by ERC-1155 tokens. I then served as a mentor for students in the following cohort

• notalink://github.com/nichanank/crypto-fpl

:open_book: Contributed to learning resources like Mastering Ethereum and cryptoeconomics.study

:rhinoceros: Started Last of Ours - an NFT project that aims to fund wildlife conservation NGOs

• notalink://spiritcreatures.io

:unicorn: Was an EF Scholar for Devcon V

:zap:Worked on Peer Stream as a solo effort for DragonQuest. The app allows freelancers to get on a video call with clients while they are streamed money by the minute - it uses Sablier and 3Box. I also wrote a tutorial for how to make Sablier-powered apps

• notalink://medium.com/sablier/how-to-build-a-sablier-powered-dapp-cee47eb648dc

:memo: Other crypto-related and miscellaneous content at nichanank.com

My main project right now is Last of Ours, which has me thinking a lot about NFTs, the metaverse, games, and working with NGOs to get wildlife-related content to back the NFTs while we fund conservation efforts with sales proceeds. Iā€™m interested in how we can design communities that thrive off collaboration, freedom and open-source work, and have really enjoyed spreading knowledge through writing and workshops.

Before I entered the industry I worked as a tech recruiter for Instacart and ThoughtWorks, so Iā€™m excited to explore what web3 enables when it comes to future of work and allowing people to pursue their potential in a borderless way. I read through MetaCartelā€™s manifesto and am really pleased to see how much our values align! I got a chance to get to know some folks through DragonQuest and really impressed with how talented and willing to help everyone is.

Looking forward to meeting more of you :slight_smile: :v:t3:

4 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Abhimanyu, I started in Ethereum because of hackathons, then eventually moved into the the Ethereum space. I work on a unique tech-stack in this space, which is Flutter+web3 (also Flutter+Cosmos Network). Recently won the MetaCartel DragonQuest Hackathon with a project that is going to help people from brazil in this COVID-19 crisis with Juliana, Bruno and Manank.
Currently, I am working on an app that can be used to facilitate the process of delegation and governance on any COSMOS based Network.

Some of the highlights:-

1. Recently worked on MiPasa a project that got backed by WHO, IBM etc. for blockchain-powered validated COVID-19 data.
  2. Been a scholar to Hyperledger Global Forum 2020.
  3. Won a lot of bounties in Gitcoin hackathons with my rare tech-stack of Flutter + Web3, you can stalk my Gitcoin profile or my Github.
  4. Won honorable mention in EthIndia 2.0, won DAOHack prize and nuCypher bounty as well.
  5. I am Consensys Labs Realys alumni.
  6. I have some minor contributions to Ethereum Foundation.
  7. I also happen to be Co-founder of Ethify Labs.
  8. I have been mentoring High School Students as part of Government of Indiaā€™s initiative, I am among the only 12 selected mentors for the program.
  9. Lastly, my first contribution to the Ethereum world, I started with contributing to a Static Solidity code analyzer called Slither.

I have worked on projects involving Matic, FOAM, Blockstack, WalletConnect etc. so I guess I can say I have somewhat decent experience in Ethereum space.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Manank, I also started in Ethereum because of hackathons along with my long time teammate @abhimanyu121, then we started doing bounties and participating in hackathons on Gitcoin as we found it to be a great way to polish our skills, learning about new projects coming on Ethereum as well as earning some money.
I also have experience with Hyperledger Technologies. I have been an intern for The Linux Foundation where I contributed on Hyperledger. Recently I won the MetaCartel DragonQuest Hackathon where I worked on Favela Sem Corona with other team members. I also grabbed two bounties from Gnosis and Burner Wallet.

I am also a co-founder of Ethify Labs along with 5 other very talented developers where we help others take their product ideas to next level by helping them out with Ideation to implementation.

Some of the highlights -

1. Recently worked on MiPasa a project that got backed by WHO, IBM etc. for blockchain-powered validated COVID-19 data.
  2. Was the youngest speaker at Hyperledger Global Forum 2020.
  3. Been a winner at 5+ hackathons on Gitcoin and others not on Gitcoin. Participated and won Consensys Relays.
  4. Won EthIndia 2.0, along with DAOHack prize and nuCypher bounty at the event.

Looking forward to be a part of this community, learn more and have fun.

2 Likes

Greetings All :yin_yang:

Tristan Eric Roberts aka 0xā€¦D469 reporting in

Drawn to crypto through UBI activism when I lived in DCā€¦

Past several years Iā€™ve been dreaming about the decentralization of scienceā€¦
ā€¦drawn towards a timeline where humanityā€™s knowledge production is under collective ownership

Research Collective is a Wyoming non-profit/Aragon DAO hybrid.

We envision a network of expert DAOs toā€¦

• enhance the signal from the noise in science
  • clean up the research chemical supply chain
  • act as an anchor in the web of trust, so that knowledge markets can truly blossom

The DragonQuest helped narrow down what is needed and possible now

ā€˜covidresearchā€™ is the Research Collectiveā€™s first subDAO. As of this transmission, it has approved one 3Box profile offering COVID testing kits and anti-virals, as well as one article indicating that smokers are underreported in COVID hospitalizations. This is all visible on the project created for the DragonQuest: https://researchcollective.io

A legal hacker rather than a lawyer, I am a member of the LexDAO, and have been working on the strange magic of hybrid entity formation with Etherize, which is powered by OpenLaw.

Deeply eager to weave together the offerings of MetaCartel, Aragon, and OpenLaw for wider audiences in both ā€˜realā€™ and ā€˜virtualā€™ jurisdictions.

3 Likes

Hello all!

This is Andrew. I used to be an Accountant/Financial Analyst working in the City of London and I quit my job to go full time Ethereum :slight_smile:

I started by taking part in the most recent Consensys Bootcamp. My final project was a prediction market based around NFTs (https://t.co/0IMQesNDzt) which I will be releasing on mainnet in the next few weeks.

Since then I have attended two hackathons, Eth Turin and of course the Metacartel one, getting 3rd place in each.

Currently taking part in Hack Money building a no-loss betting platform.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Iā€™m Seth Goldfarb and Iā€™m a writer who helps companies tell better stories about blockchain and its applications.

Iā€™m 1/4 of Team Hakcers and we took 2nd in the MetaCartel Dragon Quest with Alfred, a decentralized cryptocurrency inheritance solution. The dApp lets you enable your assets to be transferred to another wallet or wallets when you fail to check-in using the customizable dead manā€™s switch.

The rest of the team should be introducing themselves soon but to give credit where itā€™s due, the rest of Team Hakcers includes Morgan Sherwood, Aaron Anderson, and Ken Hodler.

5 Likes