MetaCartel Fund a DAO of young G’s going to conferences, the young G’s select new young G’s to join them by giving a sponsorship for an event. They keep paying it forward to new members of the group by accepting new member proposals to the group.
Conferences like ETHDenver, DevCon, MCON, are ideal events to activate new talent.
I have a few young G summoners in mind to help bootstrap the system, with a handful of us Old G’s to guide them through the creation process.
Starting funding would be 20k DAI ( enough to send 10 hacker to any event once)
Request funding from other groups to keep the ball rolling throughout the conference season.
$20k one time from the MetaCartel to kickstart the DAO, some operational support from the group including me and @JamesW
- This is not a fund to fund each others projects, they can make a grant request to do that.
- This is not free money to travel around the world doing parties (only we get to do that lolz)
- Must fund serious young builders with skills and a game plan for the event.
- Must use the DAO to coordinate around getting the money to the members.
- Must define how members “graduate” to being a full fledged Jedi who no longer needs money from PadawanDAO to attend events. Qualifiying event could be Getting a Job, Getting funding for product idea via grant or VC investment
- Members must have a limited access to the pool of capital, EI: each member can tap the pool to attend 1-3 events per year.
- More thoughts around how this needs to work so that the young G’s don’t exit scam us and spend all our money on Booze and MacBook pros then go work for Apple needed