Summary of last week’s DAO member’s workshop
What is MetaCartel now? / What do we have?
MetaCartel is magical. It has grown beyond just being a community DAO that funds dapps - it is a circle of trust that has shared a collective journey down the rabbit hole of DAOs and Apps. It is a highly aligned group of friends, we have fun and don’t ourselves too seriously. We are proud to trust each other and share a common ethos.
Where are we going? What directions have we explored next?
What are we exploring more of?
- Sustainable farm-based hyperlocal communities
- How to enable sustainable community models (eg. community taxes/dues)
- How to build people first orgs and trust-based collaboration
- How to nurture communities, mental health, emotional labor
- Ideas around digital citizenship and membership
- How others can go about community building
- Composability within MC initiatives
- How to export our culture, ideas and tools to other communities
- How to bring DAOs to folks outside the crypto space
What have we learnt?
- Communities >>> tech
- Planning is futile. Healthy community & Agility is key.
- “Come and then we build” when launching products / “Meme it till you make it” (+1)
- Actions make the world, opinions are thickle
- Community is more important than capital in the bank
- Antifragility (no capital, chili logo) filters for great, genuinely passionate people
- MetaCartel is fantastic at incubating exciting new ideas although we must be conscious of front-running ourselves
- Generosity pays in the right conditions.
- The right thing to do is to establish conditions where generosity pays.
- There is a culture behind the tech that maybe even more powerful (+1)