We’re super excited to apply for a grant & receive brutal, constructive feedback from you, as well as some support.
A virtual world where you can live, work, play + earn: we are building the first lightweight metaverse enabling interactive, token-gated community spaces powered by secure DeFi.
We want to transform open metaverse into an accessible (lightweight) open metaverse that plugs into DeFi applications, whilst gamifying the DeFi + Web3 experience to onboard + educate new users.
We’d also like to experiment with other powerful implementations, such as: planting virtual trees that continuously offset carbon by plugging into protocols like Superfluid (https://superfluid.finance) + CO2ken (https://co2ken.io).
Our vision for Atlantis is a democratized virtual world governed by its users where you can…
- Live: experience new things, own + share property, spend time with your friends, learn (in our Web3 Academy, more on that later), grow together!
- Work: video/audio call in private, exclusive spaces (powered by token gating) with your colleagues; gamified DAO voting;
- Play: enjoy mini-games, build spaces;
- Earn: earn interest on your crypto assets in a secure way; access fair lending, play to earn models.
We believe existing virtual worlds in Web3 are clunky, difficult to load without interruption & neglect the flourishing DeFi ecosystem. On top of that, there are currently no virtual worlds or games that are embracing the community spirit of crypto / Web3 by enabling private & exclusive spaces gated by proof of token ownership (using standards including ERC20, ERC721, ECR155).
This results in a landscape whereby virtual worlds:
a) aren’t accessible due to a high-cost barrier of entry, for example, a base requirement of purchasing the latest iPad or gaming PC;
b) communities can’t build or gather in exclusive, token gated spaces in games / virtual worlds;
c) users of virtual worlds are left without access to secure lending or high interests savings accounts whilst immersed in the ecosystem.
We are leveraging the power & familiarity of 2D spaces & easy-to-load pixel art to make virtual worlds in Web3 globally accessible, whilst integrating drop-in video calling like on https://gather.town and allowing our users to deposit interest-bearing assets such as Aave aTokens inside of any land parcels or buildings native to Atlantis World (which will be completely user-owned NFTs).
Beyond that, we’re exploring DeFi & web3 integrations (IE with DAOHaus/Aragon → to enable gamified DAO experiences) to provide more value to our users & web3 communities.
Please, see here: Atlantis World - Investor Deck - Google Slides
- Interviewed 50+ in Web3, received great community validation from KOLs, communities & KERNEL network. We have also received valuable feedback from Russian, Turkish & Korean markets.
- Presented live to 100+ at KERNEL Showcase.
- Presented live on Charged Particles Community Call.
- Personally reached out to our favorite Web3 communities such as KERNEL network, CryptoPunks, Polygon, BAYC, FRWC, BlackPool, Rekt & many more.
- Joined Hackathons like NFT Vision Hack, HackFS.
- Met fantastic people @ EthCC, Hackathon & side events (such as DAOist), atm exploring integrations possibilities with Collab Land (James loved the idea + progress), BlackPool, DxDAO, and many more!
- Received validation from top players like Vitalik, Jutta from Parity, Aleksander from Axie Infinity, etc.
- Been encouraged to apply for grants by Meta Cartel’s members such as Peter (pet3rpan), Sydney Lai, James Young, DAOHaus team, Cooper (coopahtroopa), Manu Alzuru → all of them we’ve met in person.
- Gained 200+ early access sign-ups for our beta testing.
- Pitched #3 Atlantis World @ KERNEL Showcase (from top 25 out of 124 projects), with top players such as DeFI Alliance & Web3 Foundation joining us on our booth.
- Joined Charged Particles’ dApp Accelerator Program.
- Received grant funding Polygon & onboarded advisors.
- Connected with Protocol Labs mentors, shared our deck & demo.
- Built v0.3 of our demo.
- Lightweight & accessible;
- Token gated & exclusive;
- Web3/DeFi enabled & native.
Learn more about our team & contributors here: Atlantis World - Investor Deck - Google Slides
We’ve received a small grant from Polygon, fully reinvested in design + product dev.
We’d highly appreciate your help:
- intro to communities, projects, investors, builders;
- help with community building, GTM & growth;
- legal & mentorship;
- we are considering NFT sale / alternative fundraising.
Demo (v0.3) → https://123scq.netlify.app/