DAO Proposal : Operation PAN Drop 🍳

The Plan

Physically Drop 600 PAN tokens to each member of MetaCartel DAO.

58,800 Tokens
98 Members
1 DAO

After todays meeting it was decided that we should rally behind MGD for this latest round of grant funding.

Some Maths

With 98 members, according to DAOhaus data
Each member eligible to receive 10 DAI per person in equivalent PAN tokens, for the matching.

10 DAI = 600 PAN * 98 Members = 58,800 PAN tokens.

At todays prices It will cost 1041 in DAI to purchase these tokens. That’s 7.43 DAO shares, let’s call it 8.

I plan on doing the distribution through a google sheet Typeform where people can add their ETH addresses and verify their DAO membership status.

I will donate any remaining amount to MGD Grant myself at the end of the funding round just before matching ends.

Any feedback or improvements are welcome :speaking_head:

4 Likes

This is super cool to hear! Thanks for the donation of PAN, time and energy to help MGD fundraise.
We got a lot of new members since DAO rush week, and with real high gas costs we could onboard everyone in.
We love this support from you! And that is allowing us to keep moving. Our DAO membership is very low (specifically to be a low barrier for women in crypto) to join us. As a consequence, our Guildbank is not the richest one in DAO Taown :wink: That’s why we appreciate the fundraising initiatives and support.

Tks so much, on behalf of all of us!

1 Like

Let’s drop some PAN like it’s 1969 :man_dancing:t3:

Operation PAN drop was HUGE success, the community loved, we raised something like $12,000 for MGD all said and done so a win-win-win overall.

We spoke about doing another round in todays Townhall for the upcoming Gitcoin Grants, the sentiment was good, the projects we’ll be supporting can be found in the MetaCartel Proposal

So extracting another $1000 in DAI from the DAO to fund this awesome work should get us the tokens we need to make another successful funding round happen.

Also would like to get reimbursed for the gas fee’s of the last round and cover any gas fee’s for this round, it was $150 in gas last time so let’s use that this time around for starters.

$1000 in DAI = 11540.3 PAN
$300 in ETH for gas fees.

Total $1300 requested for PAN Drop V2

If it’s 300 in gas… maybe we should up the airdrop amount to 3000 DAI?

And if the Slippage is too much… I could do an OTC trade to facilitate :smiley:

1 Like

It’s 300 counting this and the previous gas. I would support $3000 though, maybe you just want to match with another 1K of PAN @griff ?

Oh you have PAN already, I would support buying it from you directly though for sure.