How do we remain connected when even Devconnect is not easy for everyone to be in person for?
How do we engage with all participants of Devconnect, whether IRL or virtually?
How do we support each other and our work?
For quadratic funding, if there’s a content round along with a public goods round, people will be entertained and then give more easily to projects. The donations won’t be larger per person, but more people will donate.
The content round helps bring engagement to the projects and the projects help the content to have focus.
- There’s room for increased engagement in Quadratic Funding rounds.
- There’s almost zero marketing funding for public goods, and the creators that produce content for public goods.
Pair a QF round for media, with a QF round for projects.
- Projects and creators receive both funding and attention for their work.
- Organizations that contribute matching funds receive attention on their brand, while avoiding spend on actual marketing budgets. Although, matching funds would be great applications for marketing budgets.
Two Quadratic Funding rounds coinciding with each other, and centered around Devconnect 2023.
- Media Round, with matching from MetaCartel and potentially from Purple DAO, both contributing 1 ETH each for a total of 2 ETH matching pool
- Projects Round, with matching from Gitcoin, amount TBD
- November 6, 2023 - public announcement
- November 13 - 19, 2023 - submission period
- November 17 - 27, 2023 - donation period
- November 28 - December 10, 2023 - results calculated
- December 11, 2023 - grants distribution announcement
Gitcoin is willing to provide matching funds for a project round. Purple DAO is considering matching funds for the media round. Bankless is looking forward to participating in the media round from their communication channels. FWB is considering a budget for an event, during Devconnect, at which the QF rounds will be shared with attendees.
Quadratic Lenster experiments with social media, and Gitcoin and Giveth have seen success with rounds for projects. This media round will allow for content on various platforms, and is the first time a media round coincides with a projects round.
BorrowLucid, with support from Sov and Owocki at Gitcoin, ccarella at Purple DAO, and jegajojo at Bankless
All funds will go towards matching in a Quadratic Funding round.
If the QF round does not take place, for whatever reason, funds will be returned to MetaCartel.
I’m also happy to share any learnings with MetaCartel members who request this information.
Please participate! Submit projects and donate! Share on your communications channels! Encourage your friends to join in too!
We will be using Gitcoin Project Manager.