MetaCartel Community Direction 😇

Addressing DAO members re: our discussion and retrospective yesterday What is MetaCartel - Google Docs

What activities should MetaCartel mainly focus on? (eg. we used to provide grants to DApp, now what is our focus?)

What are some mindsets/values/attitudes that will help us?

What is your vision of where MetaCartel could go and become (bonus points if you use an analogy)

Any additional thoughts, comments, feelings (all relevant and welcome to be shared)

MetaCartel as a digital meta portal city of other communities

• We re-discovered the ‘meta’ religion of the community first ethos via DAOs and are missionaries that look to share this with the rest of the world around us.

• We have built a MetaCity of various projects, DAOs and other communities in crypto. The next step is to establish MetaCartel as a digital nation state that acts as a connector, aggregator and portal to other missions first, values driven communities. MetaCartel’s strength is in its ability to become an effective social ‘meta’ community layer (trust based community network). Think of MetaCartel DAO as the airport to the rest of the MetaUniverse of projects and communities.

What is your vision of where MetaCartel could go and become (bonus points if you use an analogy)

I think our initial focus should be on expanding the community, inviting people from different walks of life and different stages of development both personally and professionally. I would like to see more programs aimed at educating the highschool/ college level student who are interested in technology, engineering, advocacy, community building etc. We are a community of 20-30 somethings with a few exceptions and I think we would stand to benefit from the wisdom of both younger and older members who are motivated to join. More ESL folks from communities that where the technology being developed within Ethereum could make HUGE impact on their lives in the next 5-10 years. I could see an ambassador program being a benefit to growing the community, similar to Status/Aragon. These are a few ideas just off the top of my head, obviously not everything is going to be feasible but I strongly feel that diversity within this community will bring greater opportunity to further the impact we make.

What activities should MetaCartel mainly focus on? (eg. we used to provide grants to DApp, now what is our focus?)

Community building, How-to-DAO, on-boarding people into the various technical and social expectations of being a DAO. We at MetaCartel have a pretty strong handle on the ins and outs of the Ethereum DAO space especially since we have members from all the major DAO orgs. I think we are primed to be on the front lines of helping people get there with their own communities. I know @burrrata has some great ideas here and has also been making great progress with DAOresear.ch I see a lot of value flowing from our information silo into global communities through an initiative like this.

What are some behaviours and mindsets/values/attitudes/traits that will aid us in these activities?

Patience, Humility, Generosity, Integrity, Curiosity, Compassion. When we embody these values and practice them in our interactions with others we will shine like a light in the darkness. Most of the folks here are already good at this, I would love to see more, talk more about developing these traits, something that might be a good fit for a MetaSpace session.

Any additional thoughts, comments, feelings (all relevant and welcome to be shared)

I’m really thankful that we are here at this fork in the road, I know change can be uncomfortable and stretch us in ways that often feels overwhelming, but I know we are on the right path. We’re building something great for the future, something we can all be proud of and supporting the growth and development of this community is something I couldn’t be more excited about :fire:

3 Likes

What have we been doing? What have we learnt?

• Creating a community of Web 3 builders/makers, focused on discovering new usecases and more recently with a focus on: DAOs
  • DAO technologies are all really about humans and are quite relevant to many other human centered movements out there

• Help bring DAOs to other non-crypto communities
  • Share what we have learnt with the existing crypto community about DAOs, what works, what doesn’t, how to go about building communities
  • Provide grants funding to folks to start DAOs
  • Experiment with physical / hyperlocal DAO experiments
3 Likes

As a newcomer in the Metacartel environment, this post really resonates as I would love to get involved and give a hand. So I have questions :raised_hands:

How is the Meta ecosystem currently/projecting to organize on these fronts:

Is the plan to build a network of entities like Axia Labs, Blockrocket or Abridged and add them up to have the right capabilities? Or is it with a range of native entities like Metagame?

The Metacartal nebula seems to be growing fast. Probably faster than the tools and practices needed to organize online communities ahah. Which definitely is the most exciting part as well! But I’m having a hard time spotting the one best place to make a contribution and join the effort on these two things:

• outreach to non crypto communities
  • knowledge gathering, organizing and sharing

Cheers!

outreach to non crypto communities

Need to succeed first and find sustainability ourselves before bring it to others - these outreach efforts need to be revenue lead. We don’t have the resources to do so otherwise.

knowledge gathering, organizing and sharing

Need to do more work on this side for sure

1 Like