The MetaState Model is a virtual nation-state design that re-imagines the idea of citizenship, community, and government in an online first environment.
Public goods include:
- Access to community chat spaces
- The expertise of the peer network
- Community growth and support programs
- Access to subsidies to work on social and tech innovation
- Access to opportunities around DAO experimentation
- Access to MetaCartel’s hidden library of Alexandria
- Twitter tweets from @meta_cartel
- 3 Month loans for up to 3000 USD
- Membership or citizenship into the MetaState/Community is curated accordingly to the members themselves. For example, to gain Citizenship in the MetaState, we will need to have a vetting process, but instead of focusing this on financial status or country of origin, we focus it on the knowledge of the existing MetaCartel world, MetaGame Pillar Articles and aligned values as well as beliefs.
- Individuals can gain citizenship by pledging income tax for at the minimum of one year, doing work for the DAO and keeping shares or by pledging directly into the DAO. Citizenship blue cards may also be awarded and offered to others on special occasions and lottery.
- Organizations can gain citizenship into the MetaState by pledging % fees of any business, product or service they provide. There must be some reasonable level of taxable activity for this to be approved. This process will be based on trust but there will also be financial audits to be funded by the MetaState in the future.
- As citizenship grows over time, we’ll likely need to scale governance via representatives and will foreseeably elect a government - albeit more fluid than what we experience in the current day and age.
- MetaStates are purely virtual and have no physical boundaries
- Citizens of one MetaState can be a citizen for another MetaState
- More you are taxed by the MetaState, the more DAO Shares you are issued accordingly
All MetaState Citizens are aligned to collectively drive up the MetaState’s GDP and economic output as it would in effect increase our collective ability to provide for ourselves.
In MetaCartel DAO, the shares that provide governance rights are collateralized by GuildBank funds and ragequittable but are not transferable. In the MetaState Model, the DAO Shares are transferrable only amongst Citizens of the MetaState and will have a complete tax write off during economic activity within the MetaState.
MetaStates will similarly have their own natural resources, gifts, and talents like every other nation-state and will have to think strategically about how to encourage the natural growth of our GDP.
Further areas of exploration
- Creating many MetaStates and enabling them to merge into a network state where public goods funding can be used in collaboration to solve even larger public goods of that Network Nation-State (eg. setting up health policy organization).