Proposal: An open-source anthology of stories about DAOs

Creator/Writer: Rika Goldberg

Sponsor: Yalor Tackson

Goals:

• Use the power of storytelling to spread positive messages about DAOs
  • Create a flywheel to attract more good people, crypto natives and crypto adjacents (community builders, freelancers, indie workers) into the DAO ecosystem

Description: We are asking for a grant to write and publish a storytelling series on DAOs. Our goal is to craft a cohesive narrative about DAOs. Each story will stand on its own - one DAO per story - but a common thread will be weaved, along with a summary and lessons learned.

The Work: I will facilitate interviews with DAO teams to get first-hand accounts of where they’ve been and where they’re going. I will also conduct research on each DAO using second-hand sources like articles, blog posts, videos, and media narratives.

Funding Request: $4,000 DAI/story paid by each DAO. Payment to be made preferably in DAI but will also consider DAO’s token.

Impact: Increase membership and adoption by painting a picture of DAOs that is less mysterious, less clicky, and more digestible for mainstream audiences.

DAO Targets: MetaCartel, MetaGamaDelta, MetaFactory, Panvala, Gitcoin, DAOhaus, RaidGuild, 1Hive, MetaCred, et al

Process: Metacartel will be written about first, followed by other DAOs, in no particular order. DAOs will have access to all previously published stories. The initial goal is to write 1 story/month.

Why start with Metacartel:

Metacartel is the first fork of MOLOCH and so it has a rich history. By asking for a small grant from MC we hope to get the support of the members and the signal that this creative storytelling is valuable to the rest of the ecosystem. The sustainability of the project will focus on collective fundraising from each DAO that is featured in the book.

Writing Portfolio

My Latest Writing

My Earlier Crypto Writing

7 Likes

Personally I think this is a great initiative, we don’t have enough community content creators, people speaking about DAO, talking about the impact that they have. @rika.sukenik6 is already a DAO member and a highly qualified writer, I think this series could provide a lot of relatability for the broader community and I believe we could get this published through our distribution partners to help spread awareness about DAOs and the impact that they are already having.

This proposal has 2 thumbs up from me :call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

I love this idea!!! In fact, I’ve been laying the foundations to start a DAO entirely dedicated to this mission (but maybe a little more expansive). It will be dedicated to telling relatable/accessible human stories about the power of DAOs and how they will play a part in the complete transformation of human civilization. Showing people what a decentralized future looks like so it’s relatable and human so people have a visceral understanding of the concepts rather than trying to “educate” people and explain it.

The DAO will be a trans-media storytelling organization dedicated to the above mission. The community will fund, write, and produce: movies, TV shows, podcasts, comic books, fiction books, etc. and leverage existing distribution channels to get them out to the world. Revenue produced will go back to the community to compensate members for their contribution as well as be used to fund more the production of more stories. That’s it in a nutshell.

I’ve been thinking about this idea for the last decade in one form or another but it wasn’t till I attended MCON that I realized the organization should be a DAO and essentially be the organization that collectively write the story of the future of humanity.

I’m looking to start team-building, writing the DAO charter/manifesto, organizational documentation, and start securing some funding ASAP. Anyway, would love to connect with you Rika and chat more about this shared vision. Maybe we can work on it together!

3 Likes

Hey Clavion, welcome to the community! Your project sounds very exciting and I love your enthusiasm. I’m looking forward to connecting with you later!

1 Like

@rika.sukenik6 would love to chat with you about LSDAO https://haveaniceday.wtf

We are onboarding/educating/empowering/equipping non web3 native creators into the space. HaveANiceDay is our first project (two more in the pipeline). We have a cool genesis story. So far we are completely word of mouth driven.

2 Likes

Awesome! Keep up the good work. Let’s chat later. I’d love to hear about your DAO.

1 Like

i Like your vision to write the story of the future of humanity.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s clearly a big challenge to take on. I’ll do my best with the help of our community :slight_smile:

HI,

i’m a writer–The New Yorker, now, previously NY Times and I created NPR’s Planet Money.

I"m trying to learn more about DAOs and thought working on a project like yours would be a great way to dig in.

Please let me know if I an be helpful. I have a lot of experience telling stories!

8 Likes

Hi Adam! Welcome to Metacartel. I would love to chat with you. Can you please find some time here: Calendly - Rika Goldberg

2 Likes

Hey @adamdavidson glad you found your way here, I would also love to chat with yo, if you find a time with @rika.sukenik6 please add me to the call yalor@metacartel.org :e-mail:

1 Like

That’s great.

I’d love that.

We are talking on Monday at 5pm ET. I’ll ask Rika to send you an invite.

Graffic virtual novels. Real life self hero stories. Ideas…

1 Like

Love it! Are you an illustrator and/or writer?

1 Like

I guess more of a writer. I’mbouncing from project to project. I wanna do a Addiction before and After moment in history journal type project. Anything to bring attention to the phenominom of “Telescoping” Statistically its harder for women in recovery because society places much more social scorn upon them. But personal hero quest stories, comics, NFT minting anything creative at the moment.

I have been learning about this as well. In 2012 I was all about bitcoin. Keep jumping in and out. Burned out I guess. I can see solutions but cannot put them into words. My problem. Working on it. I read budgets and scientific studies. Can put myself into the problem and see the inefficiency’s and ways to make it better. Now explaining in words not so good. Put a NFT and say its worth a lot, put research inside them and currency’s how you get the attention of people. We could fix politics and a lot from replacing cash with these cryptos in campaign finance. Duel currencys could solve inequalites instead of tax breaks and fines and costs. This social currency is worth lots to some and nothing to others. If people could understand why stable coins are backed and its similarity to bonds then municiple finance would forever change, “Suffering for subsidies” would stop. People could stop chasing dollars and start focusing on relationships. Dollars are for business and government and real property. This peoples money can be used in conjunction to facilitate government mandates and alleviate poverty. Blah blah. Can I possibly follow your quest as well. At the leaste I could be a sound board to bounce ideas off.

Wow! Yes, of course you can follow my quest. I would love to learn more about you and am keen to chat. Please find some time on my Calendly.