An NFT Token Gated Non-Profit DAU (Decentralized Autonomous Utility) to support people without electricity and after natural disasters.
- 1 Billion people in the would don’t have electricity
- Climate change is rapidly increasing the number of natural disasters
- Non-Profits struggle to raise funds and creating lasting community
- Blockchain is ignoring the developing world and becoming increasingly centralized
- NFTs despite generating $27B in revenue, have very limited defined real world impact and/or utility
- A large percentage of NFTs have inexperienced teams in terms of executing what they are promising
- DAOs need more targeted applications
The Waypoints.Network NFTs utilize a DAO like structure to create a first of its kind donor advised non-profit. This DAO or DAU will deploy Liquidstar Waypoints, creating a Von Neumann Probe like utility company that as it grows can solve UN SDG 6 Clean Water and Sanitation and UN SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy while simultaneously being used as mitigation tool for some of the worst impacts of climate change (UN SDG 13 Climate Action).
What are Liquidstar Waypoints? Liquidstar Waypoints are custom designed 20 foot shipping containers that can generate between 40-60 kWh per day of solar electricity. Residents from local communities come to the charging stations and rent small batteries or purchase water.
With excess electricity these charging stations are designed to mine green bitcoin and ethereum. They also generate carbon credit NFTs from a secure datalogger.
In order to accomplish this task Liquidstar is setting up a Non-Profit called the Essential Services Fund. Via a generative NFT Drop, Liquidstar will deploy 7676 NFTs called the Development Rangers or DRs. For every 1535 minted Liquidstar will deploy a real world charging station in Djibouti, Nigeria, Indonesia, Kenya, Lebanon, and/or Benin. Liquidstar has a robust partner network and has recently received a $300k USAID Grant, $50K Benin Government Grant, and is in talks with the UN//UNICEF in Kenya, the Indonesian Ministry of Small Villages, a utility company in Nigeria, Acted in Lebanon. Each NFT will be given for free for a donation amount of $350-$450 depending on gas prices at the time of mint. The first 500 people that donate a minimum of $700-$900 will be given a special NFT of an actual Waypoint that will also be made metaverse ready.
Initial funding for the Essential Services Fund will come from NFT sales. For every $450,000 raised by the Essential Services Fund (in USD because that is the deployment cost scoped our for our project approved by USAID), the Fund will deploy a Liquidstar Waypoint that will provide electricity and water infrastructure (for a small fee) for up to 100 households for at least 10 years.
These NFT sales will allow the holders of the NFT to vote on how profits from the charging station are used at the end of each quarter.
How profits are redistributed by NFT holders:
The Essential Services Fund and Liquidstar will work with local governments, entrepreneurs, and NGOs to identify two worthwhile projects per quarter at each Waypoint deployment site. The NFT holders will perform rank choice voting that gives them 5 options per quarter on how the profits are to be distributed:
- Community Project 1
- Community Project 2
- General Disaster Relief Fund
- Waypoint Repairs Fund
- New Waypoint Purchase Fund
If the total amount of capital in the New Waypoint Purchase Fund and Waypoint Repairs Fund buckets reach $450k the community of NFT holders can vote on a location provided by Liquidstar to deploy a new Waypoint. If the General Disaster Relief Fund reaches $450K the ES.F will pre-purchase a Waypoint to be deployed for disasters. Initially these disaster focused Waypoints will be deployed to the Caribbean and stored in Miami.
$10,000 DAI and your brains/network
Usage of funds will go towards the following:
- NFT Artwork (it is expensive and time consuming building 3D art for a generative drop)
- Drop Website (Needs to be made in to Web 3)
- Legal - (Setting up the non-profit)
- DAO Mechanics
There are some interesting opportunities to fundamentally change how NFTs are distributed.
- Non-crypto native on-boarding. Meaning building a way to assign Web3 Assets (NFTs) to a Web2 email address, phone number etc.
- Integration with multiple ways to purchase NFT at drop (i.e. Giving Block + Origin Protocol + Mainnet)
- Setting up voting mechanisms
In the event this proposal is MetaCartel members will be included in the whitelist of contributors.
- Scott Salandy-Defour
Lead Waypoint (Electricity and Water in a Box) Deployment:
- Scott Salandy-Defour
- Conor Colwell
- Harrison Stahl
- Gabe Ibarra
- Brad McGlasson
- Bradley Clarke
Full Stack Development:
- Jacob Madden
- Masato Miyai
- Will Tong (Advisor)
- Matt Wright (Advisor)
- Kasandra Vegas
- Irina Liakh