Season #1 GM Bus US Tour 🚐💨

Introducing the GM Bus :fire:

Mission:

Our mission is to educate, inform and evolve the crypto narrative by visiting IRL communities and events around the world.

Relevance

Being able to have conversations live will infuse local participants of DAOs to join and connect with the existing resources available through our sponsor portals.

Shifting the conversations from global speculation opportunities towards the power of global network connections and how to increase the opportunities for cross border collaborations.

Partnerships

Our partners will be 5-10 aligned communities that are providing a valuable entry point for mainstream users to enter the web3 ecosytem, DAO, NFT collectives, and education platforms will be key participants of the network.

Value Add to MetaCartel

• Co-branded swag, sponsor and supporter logos minted on the bus and homepage.
  • Each sponsor gets to choose one event where the GM Bus will appear IRL.
  • Sponsors receive a pre-minted NFT from the end of Season #1, the NFTs are the governance power over where the bus goes in Season #2.
  • By participating sponsors will have first hand affiliation with the conversations, and outcomes of the intentional future of crypto.
  • Brand recognition and onsite activations.

Team

SinJun Wesson - Designer at MetaFactory, BankLess, and Founder of Planet Elevation Media Agency.

Yalor Mewn - Operations and Onboarding, MetaCartel, LogosDAO, RaidGuild. Curator of vibes at MCON :heartpulse:

Stacey Fronek - Executive Producer of Creative Cantina, advertising and promotional expert for Planet Elevation initiatives.

CryptoBushi - Creator of DAOpunks NFT community, artist and memeLORD at Bankless DAO.

Season #1

The first potential stops along the journey are Seattle, Wa, San Francisco, Ca ( dWEB), Venice Beach, Ca (Crypto Monday), Denver, Co ( MCON ) with the remaining stops being allocated to governance holders of Season #1 (Sponsors)

The bus will continue to operate until all stop have been completed according to season #1 roadmap, after which we will begin to prepare for Season #2.

Season #2

In between Season #1 (2022) and Season #2 (2023) the bus will be photo-mapped and all responses to Season #1 prompt (What If It Turned Out Better Than You Imagined) will be minted as individual NFTs the proceeds of which will be directed into a DAO, that the holders will have governance power over. Then the bus will be flipped and prepared with a new prompt that the Season #2 participants will engage with.

Ask

We are asking for $10k from MetaCartel which will go toward the costs of website development and maintenance, NFT curation, minting, and sale.

The progress we have made so far:

• Purchasing the Season #1 bus, Mercedes 2500 Sprinter.
  • Complete renovation of the bus interior with sleeping cabin for 3 road crew.
  • Graphic design and interactive program for Season #1 deployed.
  • Partnership confirmed with YAP to handle promotional activities and awareness in local communities across the US.

Here is the pitch deck that is now open for sponsorship applications of the GM Bus

Final Thoughts :thought_balloon:

GM Bus is a one time sponsorship for the lifetime of the bus, not a one time event but a roaming engagement and education platform for the emerging class DAO and Web3 community builders. Your logo will never be removed from the Van, You will always have votes towards where the van goes, you can power up your governance shares by buying more NFTs in each season to ensure the van goes to your desired events, you can even book the bus to bring to an event yourself if the community approves the proposal.

This is a great opportunity for us to influence the narrative around crypto, to engage with potential community members, and seed a new vision for collaboration and open source adoptions :fire:

4 Likes

I traveled twice on that sprinter and was like…

Luv the idea of having a roadmap, you can even sell seats during road trips IRL like, traveling from Denver to NYC… and I would be one of the crew.

1 Like

gm gm Bus -

Very cool idea. I think this is an interesting and creative approach to help bridge the gap between online and offline communities. Also, Appreciate the amount of work that has been done so far @Yalor!

Full support here

1 Like

It’s a coooool plan! totally support it and will discuss it in DAOSquare to figure out the ways we can help on it! and, when is the GM Bus coming in Asia? lol

Whenever the DAO votes to send the bus across the ocean :ocean: it can happen very easily as long as we have the votes and boats :ship::minibus::dash:

1 Like

This kind of idea is something we’ve seen in the consumer world especially with outdoor/active brands like RedBull and Burton. It’s a very unique way to spread awareness “on the ground”. There is nothing like this in the Web3/DAO space that I’ve seen and is a very cool experiment. I see no reason for MetaCartel not to be involved in this “first of its kind” experience.

Super big fan of doing this more on the ground work.

I’ve been following along with the bus and think it’s on a good trajectory. Ultimately this is the kind of initiatives which can help us push the boundary of getting web3 adopted.

Also… investing in these kind of things is something that we could eventually use as fundraising material of our own to refill our treasury

Seems like support is strong for this one, gonna put this proposal through DAOhaus

Stoked to get rolling and have MetaCartel join the traveling road show :circus_tent:

Exactly the type of project MC should be helping manifest into the world. lfg

Big ups! Real world introductions to the web3 world from the GM merry pranksters

:100: Love this idea, very aligned with this and in full support

Love the initiative. How did it go? Any update? Can we still access the sponsor deck?

1 Like

Yessssir, it’s going really well. We hit all our goals for Season #1, now planning season #2.

Here is a link to our publication GM Bus where we post updates and the latest article GM Bus | Better Than We Imagined at MCON2 and Beyond

The deck can still be seen if you DM me I’ll send it to you (@Yalormewn) on Telegram.

1 Like