šŸŽ‰ The BIG ā€˜introduce yourselfā€™ thread

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Slava.

Iā€™m working on Relevant which is a Reddit like forum platform with a sibyl-resistant reputation system and a prediction market.

Currently weā€™re focused on improving product, exploring various use-cases and building tighter integrations with the web3 ecosystem. In particular very interested in building decentralized/federated communication and signaling tools for large DAOs.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Dmitry from QuikNode here :wave:

We founded the project in 2017 to help users of MyEtherWallet/MyCrypto and MetaMask be independent of public/shared node infrastructure (at the time, the influx of users to these services caused node infrastructure issues/bottlenecks, which rendered them unusable).

After the token generation craze, however, our project saw a shift in users to dApp developers ā€“ who were using QuikNode for building, testing, and eventually launching on ETH MainNet and running their dApp using the node service.

Our team has witnessed (and contributed to) the shift from web1.0 to web2.0 ā€“ so when we heard about web3.0 and saw it in action, we saw an opportunity for us to apply our skills & experience to facilitate the evolution ā€“ which starts with empowering developers.

This is where I spend most of my time ā€“ managing the organization, growing the brand and raising awareness, finding ways we can be useful to the ecosystem and helping our users when possible.

Looking forward to participating in this community!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

My name is Eric. Iā€™ve been exploring the different DAO ecosystems and have been working to bring a few use cases to life (including a retail / coworking space DAO, and DAOfund). Iā€™ve also been mapping out the DAO ecosystem at http://daospace.org and am active in the dxDAO.

2 Likes

Yo this DAO mapping you did is really dope!!! Congrats. a DAOfund could be cool but maybe just a passive capital pool that takes a position in a diversified portfolio of DAOs and the only voting is on the portfolio balance with a bonding curve for entry and exit. Just an idea FWIW.

2 Likes

No, but I do think a fund of DAO assets would be very interesting.

Hi there , nice to discover MetaCartel :wink: I am currently working on a project to help organizations to raise funds from all over the world and in a transparent way thanks to smart-contracts.
thank you and always a pleasure to share about cryptoā€™s :wink:

Hey gang! Iā€™m David, a freelance fullstack dapp developer.

For the past few months, Iā€™ve been working on driving forward the vision of Austin Griffithā€™s Burner Wallet. Primarily, Iā€™ve been working on a robust, modular wallet called the Burner Wallet 2, as well as a website for generating Burner Wallets called Burner Factory.

I think the goals of the Burner Wallet align nicely with Metacartel, and Iā€™m looking forward to contributing!

4 Likes

Hi all!

Iā€™m Bitsavage!

Been in the space since early 17ā€™. Learned a lot advised a few, now Iā€™m building my own platform! Good to see things like this come into existence!

2 Likes

Hello all!

Iā€™m Pascal. I am trading since 13 years now and I have founded a prop trading company and an educational company in France, followed by 26k french speaking trader.

3 years ago we started to develop trading interface for traditional brokers and exchanges, and this is how we ended up in the crypto trading space in 2017. Then the ICO maze came, and we started to be interested by the underlying technology, and voila :slightly_smiling_face:

Today I am working full time on Jarvis Network and Jarvis Exchange; the first is a smartcontract-based wallet aiming to leverage from different protocols (UniversalLogin, Compound, Bzx, UMA etc.) to create the coolest wallet ever, designed for everyone; the second is a smartcontract-based brokerage protocol which allow users to gain exposure to traditional market thanks to a network of decentralized market makers.

I plan to leverage from my existing community and network of partners in the trading industry to gain users.

We are far from having finished all our project, and far from being as decentralized as we would love, but we work on it :slight_smile:

Happy to be hear and exchange ideas.

2 Likes

Hey All,

Iā€™m Mark Pereira, Iā€™ve had the lovely experience of seeing MetaCartel grow from its early stages to where itā€™s at now. Iā€™ve got to say itā€™s been extremely entertaining and an incredible journey from raunchy memes and benevolent dictation to pioneering dapps and a MolochDAO fork.

Iā€™m working on a Project called Alice, https://www.alicedapp.com, which Iā€™m hoping can progress the Dapps space a lot quicker as we make it extremely easy to build your app into mobile which is where most users spend their time.

Looking forward to working on solutions together that will drive dapp adoption in the space!

Hey everyone.

This is the ExcitePrice team. We recently released the product on mainnet about a week ago. We are trying to bring assets outside ethereum to ethereum via a very simple derivative style smart-contract. Would really appreciate some feedback on the application.

We are eventually planning on bringing a modified bitmex style perpetual swap to the platform.

Learn more on our forum: https://com.exciteprice.com/

Shawn here.
Looking forward to learning and sharing some mind bending concepts.
Been isolated for some time, my apologies if my communications methods are incorrect.
My mind comprehends technology in ways I cannot truly explain. My 85 yr old grandmother benefits greatly from this. She actively uses more tech than most gen-xers.

1 Like

imperator_sheep here, native linux user & lisper. in the crypto space since '13. writing code all day. founder of clojure.network, owner of a small tech company.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

Iā€™m Cooper and I just learned about Meta Cartel (and the unique DAO structure behind it) at DevCon.

I currently work as a blockchain consulting for early-stage token startups handling everything from economic models to sale structuring, marketing and development coordination.

Iā€™m also a freelance writer for a small DeFi blog called DeFi Rate.

Iā€™ve very passionate about music (currently managing a few electronic artists as a side hustle) and am intrigued about a for-profit DAO model.

Looking forward to meeting some (or all) of you IRL!

2 Likes

Hello Cartel Members

Itā€™s about time for me to introduce myself to el cartel de la meta! Iā€™m a software dev located in Berlin and most of my time is spent on 1) developing a yet to be released defi project called gelato :icecream: which basically provides a protocol to automate dapp interactions for defi users, think of IFTTT or Zapier for ethereum (extremely META if you ask me) and 2) experimenting with different kind of DAO systems (Aragon, DaoStack, Digix as of now, need to try out them Moloch DAOs).

I also like participating in ETH hackathons and won some stuff at ETHParis & ETHBerlin. Recently a friend and myself received a grant for gelato from the Gnosis Ecosystem Fund.

MetaCartel is probably the most engaged community experimenting & pushing the boundaries of dApp UX, thatā€™s why I am looking forward to engaging with all of you and hope I can help to level up ethereumā€™s currently manual user experience with some delicious ice cream :icecream:.

Peace, Hilmar :v:

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Jason and I have been following Ethereum since the early days. I donā€™t work in the industry, but I enjoy following the new developments, and try to help out where I can by testing or running many of the new projects and dApps. Iā€™m very interested in distributed governance systems, and these grant style DAOs seem to have the a very compelling and rapid evolution. Iā€™m hoping to hang out here to observe and participate in this space.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Iā€™m Garrett. Iā€™m working to make revenue-generating DAOs a thing that anyone can start. Iā€™ll feel successful when I enable a ton more capital flow toward development and adoption of tools that make people freer.

I started the first public bitcoin mining operation almost eight years ago, and bought my first ether to get into The [original] DAO. I attended MultiSigCon0 in Denver last week and had the pleasure of meeting many of you I didnā€™t know already in person, and I couldnā€™t be more excited to join this group.

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Chris Gilbert.

I have been involved in crypto since the early days. I mined Bitcoin in 2011ā€“sold when it hit dollar parity! I am among the Goxed.

I work as a technical lead and software engineer for a big corporation. Iā€™ve spent the past two years running an internal dApp team.

I found this after hearing Peter speak on Laura Shinā€™s excellent podcast, Unchained.
Iā€™m interested currently experimenting with the pocket-moloch code and trying to get my own instance up and running.

Cheers!

Hey Chris, welcome. Itā€™s great to be among a fellow Goxed one. How did you find out about bitcoin back then and what inspired you to mine it? Love learning peoplesā€™ stories.

How would you like to get involved in the MetaCartel?

1 Like

@garrettian I learned about Bitcoin by word of mouth, well, a tweet, really. Dan Kaminsky made a passing reference to it and I went down the rabbit hole as they say.

Iā€™ve spent a good deal of time working with crypto, but not as a part of the community. Iā€™m hoping to find a project I can lend my skills to.