šŸ€ DAO Membership Proposals thread

1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

I source products for our venture studio and help accelerate them to project status at 20|30. I am currently working with Open Relay to get our open-source dev tools in the hands of the ecosystem builders and Iā€™ve previously worked on a tokenization platform (Token Factory) on the sell side and with Pillar Project. I am also advising a pre-seed/seed stage fund for blockchain projects which will help the best hackathon teams (and not only) continue to work on their ideas and take them to market.

1. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

I want to get more involved in the ecosystem and identity faster those teams that are building incredible products but canā€™t get funding for whatever reasons. I can also help mentor those who need help on the business/strategy side and connect them with the right resources. Last of all, this community needs more estrogen.

1. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH for individuals, min 50 ETH for organizations & max 100 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETH

1. What else should we know about you?

Youā€™ve most likely seen me around at most conferences. Come say hi, Iā€™m friendly.

1. Share your address that you have pledged with.
    I 100% screwed up here somewhere

0x882651817bC443fabC95c7cC9124367082470D66

2 Likes

MY PLEDGE:
https://daohaus.club/profile/0xCb5Fba4419ABC4D7C11af0C24BA0F2e555407F5b

Iā€™m working on a project named CRE8, the first implementation of ERC 888, a.k.a. multidimensional token structure. Additionally, Iā€™ve been running Hyperledger NYC for two years, and I recently worked for Marble on HumanityDAO.

2. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
I was accidentally invited to a chatroom where MetaCartel DAO members are playing an experimental game called Pepper4D. Seems like a fun experience, but I canā€™t participate unless Iā€™m officially part of this decentralized autonomous organization.

3. What is your pledge size?
0.5 WETH

4. What else should we know about you?
Go yellow team!

1 Like

What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?
See twitter application. @maverickal_
Teaching others what was taught to me.

• Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
    To help fund worthy projects. Collaborate with top minds in the space. Bridge the gap between the decentralized world of tomorrow and the progressive forward thinkers of today.

• What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH for individuals, min 50 ETH for organizations & max 100 ETH for all 1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?
    10 wETH

What else should you know about me?
Father, husband. ex-finance, now head automation/strategic initiatives for a fortune 200 company.

I helped build Tribute at ETHBoston and work with the rDAO team to help realize their vision. Iā€™ve also built an IPFS dapp called The Gathering
    I want to support the construction of the web 3.0 ecosystem and find myself ideologically aligned with MetaCartelā€™s goals and philosophy
  3. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH for individuals, min 50 ETH for organizations & max 100 ETH for all membership types)
    10 ETH
    I was a litigation attorney at a large firm in Washington DC for 11 years before switching careers to Ethereum and distributed web development
  5. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io
  6. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction)
  7. Share your address that you have pledged with.
    0x476547D8472407cb05acC4b3B8A5431871d0D072
  • What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

Iā€™ve contributed to Augur, Gnosis, several security audits, and other projects at ConsenSys since 2015. Iā€™m currently the founder of Panvala, an incentivized DAO that funds the Ethereum ecosystem with its own token.

The MetaCartel mission of getting more dapps in the hands of users is critical for Ethereumā€™s success, but mostly, Iā€™m just a big fan of the MetaCartel community and I want to be a part of it.

• What is your pledge size?

10 ETH

• What else should we know about you?

I think the killer app of blockchain technology is cooperation, and the MetaCartel community is full of the kinds of people who are going to be the first people to experience it.

• Share your address that you have pledged with.

0xc6b0a4c5BA85d082eCd4Fb05FBF63eb92AC1083a

Hi all, Iā€™m Garrett. Iā€™m working to make revenue-generating DAOs a thing that anyone can start. DAOs are the best model we have for collaborative funding of things that matter to people, and Iā€™ll feel successful when I enable a ton more capital flow toward development and adoption of tools that make people freer.

So far in my Web3 Journey, I have:

• Started the first tokenized mining operation (Cognitive Mining)
  • Built out a custom blockchain for energy markets (EnergyWeb)
  • Started a cryptoeconomics research group (Token Group)

10 eth pledged from 0x4444444477Eb5fe6D1D42E98E97D9c4C03A57F99

1 Like

Hello MetaCartel fam ~~

Iā€™m Ross Campbell, and have written a short blurb introducing myself here :black_nib:

My focus is largely in the area of scripting together smart contracts and legal wrappers to handle corporate governance and deals, so I am excited to learn more about MetaCartel and the many projects that are being accelerated by its energy.

To get granular, I have so far:

• Established (perhaps?) the first Limited Liability DAO, Open, ESQ LLC, building from my earlier research between Aragon and OpenLaw.

• Established method for Tokenizing Contracts using Legal Script and Ethereum token ā€œfactoryā€

• Established (perhaps?) first DAO-DAO legal transaction (Sale of Goods, ā€˜t-shirtā€™) // first cross-platform TX between Aragon <-> DAOstack organizations.

• Contributed DAO legal services on behalf of OpenEsquire to form MetaWorks LLC in Colorado as a homestate LLC for Abridged / MetaCartel banking and other services that might require human agents to ā€˜cross the finish lineā€™ for MetaCartel and similar opportunities, as well as MetaCartel Series LLC in Delaware to provide a umbrella ā€œoperatingā€ organization to support quick deployments of limited liabilities DAOs that are incubated by MetaCartel membership.

& made a bunch of puns along the wei with other accouterments ~~~ codeslaw yaā€™ll

I would like to tip my hat for MetCartel membership and pledge 1 wETH from 0xb6A984f5a4a846F90863Bfec3a10b36Ece7a5C72 for 1 MetaCartel share to even more align and have skin the game, as it were. I have also signed a pledge recorded in the form of a digital covenant on Ethereum to not ragequit such share(s) for 2 years, as can be reviewed in this TX and the associated dcNumber, ā€˜5ā€™:

cheers! ``````

2 Likes
    I have been building dApps on ETH since 2016. Recent apps from this year include:
    StructuredEth : Hedged portfolio generator. Gifting cDai to non-crypto friends added yesterday at /gift.
    OrFeed.org: Decentralized price feed oracle (Forex, Crypto, Equities, etc)
    A few other apps as a member of Proof Suite, including Togen: 2016-2019).

Iā€™m a fan of the mission, and thrive to bring accessibility to ETH. One big focus is expanding abilities to contribute code in this endeavor by working with others passion about accessibility.

10ETH

Coder by day, DJ by night. Would be happy to spin at an upcoming MetaCartel event in the name of peppers and oversized hats. That is, if you want to hear popular snippets of ETH talks during the songs.

5. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap
    Done.

Pledged.

0x007Bc558d547ada9813bf148510988262f510C4E

1 Like
  • Just launched https://ens.monster to promote the availability of EIP 634 which enables the availability to add text records to ENS names. It is also a platform to illustrate potential use cases for this new feature.
  • Participated in the genesis launch
  • One of the first non-project members to connect to an ETH 2.0 testnet. (https://our.status.im/the-nimbus-mvp-testnet-is-here/)
  • I want to participate in the evolution of how a DAO can function in the real-world. The MetaCartel community seems to have the kinds of culture and values that I want to see shaping the future of distributed systems and finance.
  1. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH, max 100 ETH)
  • 10 ETH
  • Iā€™ve completed the MetaCartel Lore quest and lived to tell the tail
  1. Go through the steps of approving your WETH funds.
  • 0x1289f94BCC60eD9F894AB9D5a54C21b3D4B3f2DA
1 Like
    I have been involved in the Ethereum ecosystem for the past couple years. Most recently, I had been leading Partnerships and Platform Development for POA Network, where I was responsible for initiating, closing and supporting global partnerships, growth & strategic alliances, and growing the POA ecosystem and the tools we built (POA Core & xDai Chain, BlockScout, HoneyBadgerBFT, NiftyWallet, Token Bridge) within the Ethereum ecosystem leading to greater recognition and wider adoption. I was part of the working group that helped bring the creation of BuffiDai using Burner Wallet to ETHDenver in February 2019, leading to the biggest pop-up token economy we had seen to date. I continue to promote xDai Chain across blockchain and non-blockchain communities.
    My main interests in the space revolve around the growing DeFi ecosystem, anything NFT related, real use cases for token economies, DAOs and finding ways to get broader adoption of the things being built. I am also passionate about wallets and figuring out how to create and bring a crypto wallet to billions of people. I also want to help drive forward a community and product that uses token economics to save our home planet.

I would like to help contribute to the community that is forming and funding some of the most important pieces of growing the Ethereum ecosystem and actually solving solvable issues. I like how MetaCartel shows results almost immediately. I participate in a few other DAOs but it has been hard to see the impact of the DAOā€™s behavior.

3. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH for individuals, min 50 ETH for organizations & max 100 ETH for all membership types)
    10 ETH

I have a unique varied background across blockchain, finance and tech which gives me a wide, yet detailed perspective on how this technology is changing industries and the world.

5. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH
    Sounds great!

Done.
    https://etherscan.io/tx/0xc2c159a99288a0f7acfb40677084e2d39846c2aad0cc1227320dc8ca32e879e4

0xE04885c3f1419C6E8495C33bDCf5F8387cd88846

1 Like

Co-Founder of Mosendo.com (DAI venmo), and DeFi Nation where we teach people about DeFi
Co-Founder of Taureon[dot]io angel fund, invested in various projects (REN, SNX)

There are 3 things I am focused on solving that I think are holding back cryptocurrency and blockchain as the global money system: usability, good marketing, and funding for application layer. MetaCartel ecosystem is working towards solving these problems so it makes sense to be involved!

10 ETH

Iā€™m an accidental ETH maximalist. In the course of building Mosendo I discovered that no other chain is currently useful.

Some people like some of my tweets. Hereā€™s one about things I find obvious that most donā€™t understand https://twitter.com/_TomHoward/status/1198412914731802624

tomhoward.eth
0xE04243D4dE64793420E613fA13f12eFFF42ACa05

5 Likes

I got involved in the blockchain space in around 2016 through Blockchain at Berkeley. With Blockchain at Berkeley, I did network architecture and white paper work for a few blockchain startups. Iā€™ve also done research in the application space as a member of faculty at the Blockchain Research Institute. Afterwards, I got recruited to lead blockchain investments at Draper Associates have have led investments through a variety of projects across many protocols. Some of them include Keep Networks, GUN, OpenNode, Morpher, and Handshake. Our managing partner, Tim Draper, has been one of the earliest and most supportive venture capitalist in the space.

I quit my venture capital job to get back into the action of building products and started my own company that didnā€™t work. Now Iā€™m thinking deeper about the intersection of governance and social, the positive sum games well designed systems can create, and the financial primitives needed to do so.

Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

I am all about the governance and the ability to create positive sum economic games. I think MetaCartel is at the very leading edge of this new movement and thats exactly where I want to put my time and effort.

At my last company, Heroic, we were trying to develop income-share-agreements as a financial primitive upon which we could build self governing, extra-legal entities. We were using fiat plumbing though because I havenā€™t figured out how ISAs can exist in the crypto world. It was a giant pain in the ass and ultimately not possible, so I believe in crypto not only from a theoretical perspective, but also from a practical one.

Iā€™m also excited about being a part of a like minded community of thinkers and builders. I like how MetaCartel is thinking about a variety of use cases and how they intersect, as opposed to being narrowly focused on only one application, i.e. DeFi. I think the best apps are going to be a synthesis of the different experiments happening here. My dream is to build one of them!

What is your pledge size?

What else should we know about you?

Huge hip hop and fashion fan. I love to explore creativity and how its this emergent aspect of human existence. Reading wise, I love history, biographies, and scifi/fantasy. I also have a blog where I talk about these topics and specifically have a post describing my investment thesis from early 2018.

You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH

Done

Share your address that you have pledged with.

0xea9e8bd43c6bf63981d95e4aeb1deb8405fb3efe
(punia.eth)

2 Likes
  • I have been involved in the Ethereum community since late 2015 and have invested in a number of Ethereum based projects. In 2017/18 I helped co-organize a number of the SF Ethereum Developers meetups. I am an avid researcher and user of cryptoeconomic incentives (lend, stake, collateralize, leverage, etc.) & dapps. Most recently I was the director of BD & partnerships at a staking as a service startup.
  • Open source protocols, dapps, daos, and other infrastructure need funding help to continue to make improvements on Ethereum.
  • DAOā€™s are in their infancy and to be able to contribute to an edge technology/use case would be intrinsically rewarding & interesting.
  1. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH, max 100 ETH)
  • 10 ETH (to start)
  • I frequent Ethereum events (6 ethGlobals, 3 ETH devCons, 2 Ethereals, EthCC, EDCON, and more).
  • Moderate one of the crypto-hoops meetup telegram channels.
  • Other favorite ETH projects include Flying Carpet, FOAM, and Augur.
  • https://twitter.com/anapheys
  1. Go through the steps of approving your WETH funds here (takes 5 mins)
  • Done
  1. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction)
  • 0x57DB4c6E862e4144FF48b67732d2ccb5af9De14c
4 Likes

Hello MetaCartel Team, and Happy Holidays. My name is Adam Blumberg, and I am in Houston, TX, USA. Iā€™m looking forward to this process. Iā€™m actually a financial advisor, and have gone down the Blockchain rabbit hole.

• What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

I started the YouTube Channel and website for Interaxis - www.youtube.com/c/interaxis. Our goal has been to educate more people about cryptocurrency, blockchain, and DeFi. We take the perspective of the financial advisor, explaining complex topics in a way that makes sense to the average personā€¦taking out most of the overly technical explanation.

I have spoken at several conferences, and have plans for many more. Topics have included: Adoption of Smart Contracts in Oil and Gas, The State of DeFi, and DeFi adoption.

We plan to create more courses to get retail users from zero to using DeFi, with the ultimate goal of helping the unbanked and underbanked, and develop more users, liquidity, and security in the ecosystem.

We also plan to create custom education and courses for banks, investment companies, etc. to educate their employees and customers, and custom projects for other companies that might want to adopt Blockchain and DeFi as part of their business.

I am also a partner in a DeFi application that is at MVP stage - currence.io. The goal is to build an app that makes the reporting and analysis of DeFi holdings, protocols, etc. more akin to the UI of a bank or investment reporting app.

I want to join MetaCartel for several reasons.

1. I want to contribute based on my experience and expertise. I donā€™t have the coding or programming experience, but I understand retail users and finance.

2. I want to be able to work with the incredibly smart, forward-thinking, people that are building the ecosystem. I get so excited at the potential of DLT and DeFi, and relish the opportunity to discuss the ways we can positively change the world.

3. I like hearing about the latest developments from around the world, and would love to contribute to their growth.

• What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH for individuals, min 50 ETH for organizations & max 100 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETH

• What else should we know about you?
    Iā€™m a pretty good writer and speaker (used to be a stand-up comic), and very good at explaining complex concepts in a way people understand. Iā€™ve been doing that for over 10 years in the traditional finance world.

• You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io
    Done

• Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2

• Share your address that you have pledged with.

0xF053aDb5D6310219f84B5792db23a4feD3C25d57

1 Like

Long time crypto guy - currently working on making crypto data accessible to more people, on either side of the hacker spectrum - new crypto companies, startups, researchers on one end, as well as traditional companies who want to enter the space on the other.

Worked with exchanges as the primary blockchain developer across most of the top 50 chains.

Got tuned into MetaCartel by James Waugh when I met him in Christchurch, he made a very compelling pitch on the benefits of a collective effort for pushing the space forward. Very sure I can contribute with more than just ETH, and use my experience and skills to help other initiatives in the space

10 ETH

1. Iā€™m one of the few (literally a handful) of crypto focused people based out of New Zealand.
  2. I frequently move around NZ, AU, Asia, and have the time to meet with people in the space
  3. My focus for the next few years is on bridging the gap between already functioning blockchain networks, and making them accessible to people who donā€™t know what blockchain is - most people in the world canā€™t figure out how to convert ETH to WETH, but can figure out how to spend physical cash and get an equivalent gift card, casino chips, or whatever in exchange - we need to make crypto easier to use.

0x73Dd61E593B827F1a36d3324260a8E62e47196Fe

1 Like

Hello MetaCartel! Iā€™m excited to propose my membership here and look forward to meeting everyone.

Iā€™m currently working on Machi X, a platform for tokenizing and trading music copyrights. So far we have tokenized 59 songs from Golden Melody Award winners (Asian equivalent of the GRAMMYs in the US), and have successfully distributed royalties in the form of ERC20 USDT tokens. Weā€™re now working toward opening up the ecosystem so that more of the music industry globally can be involved in modernizing the music industry.

Iā€™ve always found DAOs super interesting since learning about The DAO and Aragon. Subsequently I learned about the other DAOs that allowed projects to fund needed initiatives such as the DASH DAO and the Decred Politeia proposal system. Iā€™m now researching DAOs to better understand how to setup a DAO for our own project at Machi X. By joining MetaCartel DAO, I hope to learn more about how to better run my own DAO as well as improve the dapp ecosystem.

10 WETH

Twitter: https://twitter.com/leokcheng
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leocheng/
    Iā€™m currently based in Taipei. Please do let me know if youā€™re ever in Taipei and Iā€™ll show you around!

5. Share your address that you have pledged with.
    0x4D31d0297174ec3FD689D9544efC15E851e443EB

1 Like

Hello MetaCartel!

After the presentation of Metcartel in ETHDenver I really would love to be part of such an impresive project

1. I have worked in Technology & Finance for more than 20 year. My background is computer engineer and Economics. I am one of the founders of the Agile Association in Spain. I was 10 years as a developer/project manager, work 4 years in a Bank, found a media company and sold it. After that I become and Business Angel, focus in Fintech and after that in Crypto. We have invested in about 70 startups in 10 years. Last year I create Crypto Plaza that is the largest Crypto Innovation Hub in Spain.

We have a DAO in Crypto Plaza as an experiment, but I would like to join to that international DAO like MetaCartel to can conect with the Spanish Ecosystem, and to work with people that thinks that DAO can really be a very good option for our society.

10 WETH

Twitter: https://twitter.com/especulacion
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesusperezsanchez/
    Iā€™m currently based in Madrid and MetaCartel can have space in Crypto Plaza Coworking

5. Share your address that you have pledged with.
    0x3e0cf03f718520F30300266dcF4DB50bA12d3331

4 Likes

Iā€™m already a member of the DAOā€¦ but want to donate more.

Commons Stack, Giveth, TheDAO, DAppNode, iden3ā€¦ advise brightID, Vocdoniā€¦ and probably others Iā€™m skipping

You guys are magical, i want to support the magic

1. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH for individuals, min 50 ETH for organizations & max 100 ETH for all membership types)

42 ETH moreā€¦ :wink: (I already put in 10)

Ummmm I left some Mescal in the airbnbā€¦ i hope you drink it.

1. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io

Thxā€¦ :wink:

1. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2

Ok will do!

0x839395e20bbB182fa440d08F850E6c7A8f6F0780

5 Likes

Hey MetaCartel!
Iā€™ve waited too long to join my decentralized friends in this community. My old Telegram is already a part of the chat.

1. I mainly work on cryptoeconomics, staking, and defi research, and have of late been working on personal tokens, including my own $CALVIN (https://uniswap.exchange/swap?outputCurrency=0xdc8092aaf83e00ebf9b01a2e90b7b7ef867ba503)

I was reminded to join metacartel after seeing how MetaCartel was pwning the CLR for gitcoin :slight_smile:
    Originally lost to a bunch of metacartel folks while playing cheeze wizards.
    I actually previous participated in the Telegram chat to compile a list of all the hack submissions from ETHdenver. Unfortunately I lost access to my Telegram so thought itā€™d be a good time to officially pledge.

I want to join MetaCartel DAO to bring new ideas to the table, question everything, and break some things in the process of making crypto better. To quote Peter, I want to move fast together.

1. What is your pledge size?
    10 WETH

twitter.com/calchulus

0x2b47C57A4c9Fc1649B43500f4c0cDa6cF29be278

1 Like

I contributed to DAOs and projects revolving around decentralization since 2015 (Backfeed, freeftopia, Part-up, CollectiveOne, Tribute, Genesis DAO, DAOincubator, DGov, Berty, OrgTechā€¦). I spread the word about decentralized coordination as much as I can, via blog posts in French and English, my newsletter, and events (I co-organized the Paris P2P Festival and the DAO session of EthCC French track). Iā€™m at the board of Ethereum France.

Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

TBH Iā€™m pissed off to have repeatedly missed the opportunity to join earlier :flushed:ā€¦ MetaCartel is just doing things faster than anyone else! Iā€™d just love to experience the team momentum from inside, and learn and contribute as much as I can.

What is your pledge size?

10 ETH

What else should we know about you?

I still donā€™t know why Iā€™m such a big fan of DAOs, since I keep finding evidences that they donā€™t work as well as traditional forms of social, political and economic coordination. I guess that I have some faith in me that makes me believe that beyond the obvious flaws, thereā€™s something there that feels just right and powerful :zap::zap::zap:

Share your address that you have pledged with.
0xAa01DeC5307CF17F20881A3286dcaA062578cea7

4 Likes