šŸ€ DAO Membership Proposals thread

Hey All!

What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?
Currently working at SKALE doing Product. Iā€™ve also worked at MyCrypto and ConsenSys

Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
I love being a part of the Ethereum community and I want to give back, meet more cool people, and help projects get off the ground. Plus, Iā€™m excited to increase diversity at MetaCartel!

What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH for individuals, min 50 ETH for organizations & max 100 ETH for all membership types)
5 ETH

What else should we know about you?
I live in SF and I founded & run a Crypto Product Managerā€™s meetup called SF Crypto PM Coalition

Share your address that you have pledged with
0x01f10495f16c0e85C26121A891Dd92FF3BD02da8

2 Likes
  1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?
    My work is in developer advocacy and angel investing, I love building dope projects and help support teams with relevant resources. Iā€™m a co-founder of CryptoNYC, a blockchain co-working community/coworking space based in NYC. Previously worked at Consensys, leading strategy for their token sales business. Previously built web3.0 stripe integrations and a lending app.

2. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
    Iā€™ve been building startup communities since 2013, and I want to support the great vision and contributions MetaCartel has made for the web3 buidl community. I help start Meta Gamma Delta, which is a buidl sorority and user-acquisition partnership funnel for the greater MetaCartel ecosystem

3. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organisations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)
    5 ETH

4. What else should we know about you?
    passionate about social-economics

5. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off [uniswap.io ]
    done

6. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2
    done

7. Share your address that you have pledged with.
    0xc7f459c7edcf9333d223bd1c346f46819403ca06

1 Like

Yo MetaCartel fam!

Co-founded Axia Labs with James Waugh in 2017, worked with a bunch of quality projects in the ethereum ecosystem around game theory, cryptoeconomics + more.

Community building in NZ for years, monthly meetups plus a variety of bigger events, trying to get more people/companies/the government to understand & leverage blockchain/crypto/ethereum!

Overall - to ā€˜officiallyā€™ join the most impactful community in the ecosystem!

More specifically - I helped organise and stayed at the MetaCartel Airbnb with the crew in Denver last week and was amazed at how many cool things are happening in all different directions, I want to be more involved!

3. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organisations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETH

I dropped out of Uni to dive head first into the Ethereum ecosystem and it was the best decision I ever made! :rocket:

5. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io

:+1:

**6. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) **
https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2

callumgladstone.eth

0xcb42Ac441fCade3935243Ea118701f39AA004486

3 Likes
    Iā€™ve been volunteer community building with Ryan sean adamsā€™ Bankless newsletter and Defizap so far. Beginning the process of learning JS and Solidity to transition into the dev life.
    Alex Masmej makes compelling arguments about the community growing the value of each of itā€™s members to enrich the whole. I want in.
    10 Eth
    Handyman and Professional level cannabis cultivation and processing are in my current skillset. If the cards played right, I could take the cannabis side and create quite a revenue source.
  5. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io
    :zap:
  6. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) [https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2
    :zap:
  7. Share your address that you have pledged with
    0xB64943f4F26D837cEEAc96CAE86d1bAB23A3414d
1 Like

Man, you are also magical! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m an auditor and founding member of ConsenSys Diligence. Iā€™ve audited quite a few important systems.

I help maintain some of our open source documentation about security

• notalink://consensys.github.io/smart-contract-best-practices/
  • notalink://swcregistry.io

So, mostly security stuff.

1. To learn more about the DAO movement and what participation is like.
  2. Participate in a web3 community beyond ConsenSys and Security
  3. Represent the auditor/security mindset to a new community.

What is your pledge size?

10 ETH + 1 wei

Whoa, hey. Slow down guys.

Go to this link and pledge (one transaction)

OK. Done.

Share your address that you have pledged with.

0x0Bf4C238a25b66cd869331a692dFD0322708D7fB

/1.What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?/

I apply in the name of IOSG Ventures. We believe in Web 3.0 gonna be
 the trend and would like to engage more to accelerate its arrival. As 
a venture capital, we have so far invested in many Web3.0 platforms, 
such as Nimiq, Cosmos, Polkadot (Substrate), Near Protocol, Reach,Nervos.
 (You can find more of our investments
under:
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/iosg-ventures%22%20%5Cl%20%22
section-investments).
We are a research-driven venture capital, which means that we develop 
our investment strategies through large amount of research work into 
multiple fields within blockchain and it helps us understand whatā€™s 
missing in the current market. We are starting to publish our research
 results on Medium. Here is one we recently published about Web3.0 stack.  
[https://medium.com/@IOSGVC/web-3-0-stack-modules-reconstruction-and-
investment-outlook-bd1e624c4bdb]
`We have been focusing on community building for our portfolios. We have
 launched China developer community plan together with Near Protocol and 
Oasis Labs as an active post-investment management action. Among all 56 
investments we have done, we are actively building an efficient channel 
for communication and collaboration opportunities. `We have global offices 
across China, America and Germany. We believe only by collaboration and
 community power; startups can go far together.  `

/2.Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?/

::	* * Strong belief in community power.:: 
::	* * Responsibility of supporting promising projects as a venture capital.:: 
::	* * We want to contribute more besides capital.::
::	* * We would like to join a community sharing similar perspectives.:: 
::	* * Experience a DAO that actually functions šŸ˜Š::

/3.What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organizations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)/

50 ETH

/4.What else should we know about you?/

IOSG Ventures is an early-stage fund for decentralized protocols. Weā€™re 
a community of founders, engineers, and researchers who pool our capital, 
expertise, and networks together to support the worldā€™s most ambitious
 teams. We have hosted multiple meetups, hackathons and advisory meetings 
for our portfolios. We have a strong footprint in Asia, especially China.
 We can provide diversification and distinctive perspective towards 
the community. 

/5.You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io 18 Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) /

`Approvaltx: 
https://etherscan.io/tx/0xe3081ed8873ba50457188bb775492747ced98a585aef50
efb3acbdb137d509ee 

/6.Share your address that you have pledged with./

0x3C59e625728E6B7f68544d00183aF39D3D1f0C6e

Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) /

`Approvaltx:0x6496afd9f027774b5d0e66ead28e4f9bbb63c9722a4c149440aa77931969e646 

/6.Share your address that you have pledged with./

0x85ac9e682995ebebde8ff107fbbbfe7c40992e4a

I helped hack on PoolTogether at EthDenver 2019 and been building different web 2.0 things for MakerDAO, like a Discourse theme and RocketChat system information bot. Looking to help deliver the next awesome MetaCartel project.

1. Spicy memes
  2. Great people
  3. Awesome projects

10 ETH

I like to swim and play rocketleague when Iā€™m not automating shit.

Go to this link and pledge (one transaction)

Send it!

0x68d36DcBDD7Bbf206e27134F28103abE7cf972df

/3.What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organizations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)/

100 ETH

Lots of thinking (not enough writing) https://medium.com/@jon.tomp

Product Lead/Founder for two projects, both launching in the next 2-6 months

1. Atomica - Decentralized Risk Market Protocol. Open liquidity pools for backing dao defined and managed risks. Also working on open configuration keeper bots on tokenized liquidity pools (atomica.org)
  2. 0 confirmation - Built with renprotocol, issues short term loans from open liquidity pools (of renBTC) to facilitate 0 confirmation bitcoin transactions on ethereum apps (0confirmation.com)

Synergy, Bitches - Russ Hanneman (2015)

Decentralized apps (especially those based on open liquidity pools) benefit from working together and Metacartel is pushing experimentation in this area. I see myself working on these problems for a long time and want to be aligned with like minded folks.

10 ETH

@jontom on telegram
Strengths are in coming up with novel financial mechanisms, dangerous levels of pontification, breaking products. Spent 10 yrs in traditional fintech and dont want to see the just the same products get built but on ethereum.

0x60c38E6f5735EE81240e3A9857147e9438B01ba0

1 Like

respekt here lol :clap::clap::clap:

Hey folks, Iā€™m Jonathan! Below is my app to join the guild. My introduction is here:

• I gave a talk at EthDenver on node-red and blockchain interaction.
  • Created node-red-contrib-ethers for typesafe interaction with contracts from node-red (jadbox/node-red-contrib-ethers)
  • Worked on Pillarā€™s token onboarding relay
  • Currently developing webwallet integration with dapps through eip-1193
  • Started the sharing CO-OP DAO project (twitter.com/coopdao)
  • Help to create and manage the Collab19 DAO project for covid19 relief funding
  • Lots of webwallet and dao-ops work with Abridged
  • Currently aiding RaidGuild with operations
  1. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

As an active member of RaidGuild and other DAOs, Iā€™d like to join our larger ā€œparentā€ community. Iā€™d like to participate in town halls and help be involved in larger community organizational efforts.

1. What is your pledge size? 10 ETH

2. What else should we know about you?

Iā€™ve been a developer for most of my life, but the last couples years Iā€™ve dedicated myself to aiding the broader technology around community development. The last few years I built the New Dialogue Foundation (newdialogue DOT org) as a way to run multiple experiments to help communities with mixed diversity thrive.
My core focus is making DAOs successful for caring communities that wish to a) better manage themselves and build trust b) provide a scalable means to provide resource sharing c) bring this technology to the masses through improving DAO-Ops.

It would be an honor and a pleasure to join MetaCartel, and I promised to do everything I can do ensure that this community thrives. :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

Wallet: jadbox.eth

Sir James Young will be my champion for my membership proposal.

4 Likes

Hi there!

I currently work at DFINITY on the Product side!
I am interested in decentralized forms of governance and would love to experience & contribute firsthand.
I pledged 5 ETH
I am interested in the broader implications of DAOs as a way of collective governance.
I pledged in ETH instead of WETH (lmk if I should change that)
6. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2
Have done so!
My address is 0xD4aA67f778Bba2805bC122F18F3d61Df59C7A542

I do believe that Moloch DAOā€™s donā€™t accept ETH. Thatā€™s why WEth is specified as the tribute. Let me see what can be done about your funds.

Hi @whizwang I looked into your pledge, it appears you havenā€™t sent the transaction yet https://etherscan.io/address/0xd4aa67f778bba2805bc122f18f3d61df59c7a542 which is good.

Youā€™ll need to head over to https://wrapeth.com/ and convert the ETH to WETH then you can make your tribute to the DAO.

If you need hand with this just DM on Telegram @yalormewn :email: cheers.

[quote=ā€œpet3rpan, post:1, topic:51ā€]

• What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

Iā€™ve mostly worked on Peeps Democracy, which started as an independent project, did a stint at ConsenSys, and then became independent once more in July 2019. Weā€™ve built WeThePeeps, which was a web2-first political contributions DAO experiment, and then PeepsDAO, which is a platform that uses a Moloch V2 fork tailored to the needs of social, nonprofit, and political organizations (i.e. any community with a shared purpose that doesnā€™t involve distributing profits). Iā€™ve also recently gotten involved the LexDAO community, since Iā€™m a lawyer who fell down the solidity rabbit hole a few years back.

• Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

Because if you want to go far you have to go together. Iā€™ve gotten to know various members of MetaCartel over the past several months and seen the amazing work that MetaCartel has done for the ecosystem, from helping to revive DAOs as a coordination mechanism to creating MetaCartel Ventures and grants to support projects working in this space. Iā€™m hoping to contribute to the community by using my hacking + DAO + legal background to create good sh!t that doesnā€™t land people in jail (unless thatā€™s the point).

• What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organisations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETHā€¦not an ETH whale, so most of my contributions gotta be work and wisdom (not wealth).

• What else should we know about you?

Became a Dad back in Feb. right before ETH Denver (why I was only ā€œallowedā€ to stay for one day). Love cooking, especially tacos, which might be another reason I want to join MetaCartel. Pretty active in a university alumni entrepreneurship community and access to justice legal tech community.

• You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io

I used wrapeth.com (kudos to raid guild)

• Go to this link and pledge (one transaction)

Done

• Share your address that you have pledged with.

pledged with 0x7136fbDdD4DFfa2369A9283B6E90A040318011Ca **
    ** transaction hash 0x03d8eec6cb2c9b4ac6a084dff9dc11c9401203b9c87ac7fc883452d686091041

2 Likes

Hi there! I successfully converted the ETH into WETH but I canā€™t ā€œrepledgeā€ on Daohaus because it says my application is in progress. I think you might have to ā€œrejectā€ my application so I send it in again

Nvm I figured it out! Pledged 5 WETH, lmk if you received

1 Like

Great work, way to solve your own problems. Welcome to the Cartel :pizza: