🏀 DAO Membership Proposals thread

1. What have you worked on/how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

Hello everyone! I am Pablo from Aave team and I’m applying on behalf of Aave, the open source and non-custodial protocol for money market creation on Ethereum. This January we released Aave Protocol on mainnet, with the Aave Market where depositors can earn interest by providing liquidity to lending pools, while borrowers can obtain loans by tapping into these pools with variable and stable interest rate options. Just last week we released the second money market on Aave to boost DeFi composability: the Uniswap Market, where users can borrow against their Uniswap liquidity provider tokens. We just surpassed $100M market size only 6 months after going live, a record for the DeFi ecosystem.

1. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

Decentralization is the foundation of what we do at Aave, and we are big supporters of DAOs. The Ethereum community is extremely interconnected, and we’d like to build out these connections and strengthen not just the DeFi ecosystem, but Ethereum as a whole. We had a great experience being part of the MetaCartel Dragon Quest hackathon, and we’d love to be a part of MetaCartel DAO.

1. What is your pledge size? (min 10 ETH, max 100 ETH)

50 ETH

1. What else should we know about you?

Aave has been around since 2017—it was originally called “ETHLend”, and it was the first decentralized peer-to-peer lending platform on Ethereum. We rebranded to Aave when we switched from a peer-to-peer model to a lending pool model. We also have our own grants program for projects that contribute to the Aave or overall DeFi ecosystem: https://medium.com/aave/aave-ecosystem-grants-88260ede1485

1. Go through the steps and share your approval tx:
    Approval:
    https://etherscan.io/tx/0x7e817ee5d00a804ba87636c89c31e852b5f77238726e0ed744b88add256a412a

2. Share your address that you have pledged with:
    0x357B7E9AcD156c0f930B75c6aE6A42F3D9173042

3 Likes

This is amazing, just want to say thank you for the signal this brings and the feedback on Dragon Quest, makes all the sweat and tears worth it :100: :sparkling_heart: :clap:

Stupid question: On the pledge form, can someone explain: “How many shares are you requesting?” I would like to pledge 10 eth. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?

In recent years I have worked on projects in very different areas within the Web 3.0 ecosystem, from consulting to open source projects. Currently, I’m working for a Telco on the blockchain infrastructure layer. My main focus is on generative art mixed with blockchain technology and on infrastructure.
Some of the project I worked on lately:
https://github.com/Art-Decode/network2network (1 place Polkadot Bounty program for visualization tools)
https://github.com/swisscom-blockchain/polkadot-k8s-operator
( Grant from W3F)

Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?

I’m very interested in experimental and early-stage projects, especially if related to art or infrastructure. I’d like to contribute whenever is possible (developing, supporting, or investing). If a project particularly draws my attention I might consider to joining it.

What is your pledge size?
10 ETH

1. What have you worked on / how have you contributed to the Web 3.0 ecosystem?
    am working with governments and cities in Europe

2. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO?
    get organized and bring web3 to the next level, building the ecosystem with all required stakeholders (not only developers)

3. What is your pledge size?

10 shares my friend, 10 ETH = 10 DAO shares.

Hi @netzm8 would you mind expanding with some more details? Maybe check out some of the posts above like: 🏀 DAO Membership Proposals thread
Cheers!

Hi @Sky,
thanks for the request. Happy to further answer questions in a direct communication.

Here are some more specifics:

am working with governments and cities in Europe

Three examples:
(1) Early Contributor to Gaia-X (the digital and data sovereignty project of the EU, with the goal to stimulate a decentralized, Open Source and fair digital ecosystem complying with European values.
(2) Member in the Advisory board of the smart city project “Digitalstadt Darmstadt”, which won the German smart City competition run by BITKOM (german association of digital companies)
(3) Member of RadicalxChange (RadicalxChange aims to build a clear, coherent, and sustainable alternative to capitalism that embraces markets, egalitarianism, community, and decentralization.), working with several layers of Government, Think Tanks and political actors. Main topics at the moment are Data Dignity and Funding of Public Goods (like Open Source).

Please also see linkedin.com/in/fauler and @XQTStrategy

get organized and bring web3 to the next level, building the ecosystem with all required stakeholders (not only developers)

Accelerate Web3 adoption as I see the opportunity window wide open NOW. Network and gain more personal exposure to the overall ecosystem.

-I’ve worked at CoinList for the past 3 years, where I run the token sales business and lead business operations. I’ve worked closely with a handful of teams like NuCypher, NEAR, and Solana on helping to bring their tokens to market.

-I maintain Dove Mountain Data, the largest database of crypto investing and fundraising activity

-I’m actively investing in early Web3 teams like ARC, InstaDApp, OpenSea, and Set Protocol.

I want to get more involved in (and help out in!) crypto-native communities and have heard great things about the people involved in MetaCartel

1. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organisations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

10 ETH

2. You will need to pledge in WETH/Wrapped ETH - you can go get it off uniswap.io
  3. Go to this link and pledge (one transaction) https://daohaus.club/dao/0x0372f3696fa7dc99801f435fd6737e57818239f2
  4. Share your address that you have pledged with.

0xD425333DD22B049f143522e519a06462c633F37a

co-founder Infura, 2016-2019
co-founder Kchannels, 2019-

Join discussions around 1) DAOs and 2) Layer2 as an enabler of mass adoption

https://twitter.com/maurycy

ok

ok

0xc53f9E67D8d2593BF976d4C0953E9f0Ac35bd51F

I’ve been a developer in the space since 2016, and later founded the Bounties Network project. I’ve been a builder, a mentor, and general advocate for the last 4 years, running meet ups and helping launch the first ETHWaterloo hackathon (which later became ETHGlobal).

I want to join the community to build stronger relationships with the community builders in this ecosystem, and to keep abreast of the MetaCartel’s experiments around DAOs and community tokens.

3. What is your pledge size?
    (I performed an audit of the WhalerDAO TREE contracts at Yalor’s request as part of my tribute).

4. What else should we know about you?
    https://twitter.com/markbeylin

OK

OK

1. Share your address that you have pledged with.
    0xbfdb50dc66c8df9fd9688d8fe5a0c34126427645
1 Like

• My background is in software development–both at a medical education startup and working on trading software–and trading structured products. I’ve been an investor for 2.5 years now and have worked very closely with a number of startups in the space. I also set up and ran the process for staking at my firm.
  • I’ve participated in hackathons, both as a judge (NEAR, and soon, Agoric) and as a developer (ETH SF)

With DeFi being the lowest hanging fruit, it’s clear that many of the pieces of the puzzle are still missing, preventing broader adoption of these truly innovative underlying financial services. As someone who has deep financial and technical experience, I feel strongly that I would be able to positively impact the DAO as well as the founding teams who are partnered with it.

What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH minimum pledge for women, minimum 50 ETH for organizations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

5 ETH (I’m a woman)

What else should we know about you?

I’m super passionate about security, and am pursuing certification in pentesting, focusing on web apps. I’ve already been working with some very early stage centralized startups to think through security practices and eventually plan to move to code reviews.

Share your address that you have pledged with.

• txn: 0xb3a4b220e0554ed2b8f4518607854a13dfa0f2ee43ba5f3ad7a4878d357e892b
  • from address: 0x119ebc037f052da7fd89ebf124c11c7b652f8438

Hey I would love to propose to join but I noticed that the last post was months ago. Is this thread still valid? Can I still join by replying here?

Yessir, you are welcome to apply here. We are using Discord more these days https://discord.gg/C8pA2jyerW feel free to post your join request here though and someone will follow up with you.

Hi MetaCartel,

I’ve been bouncing around discord for a little bit now but here is my formal membership proposal.

• I’ve been working in the Web3 space for about 7 months now, while I’m still fresh I’ve enjoyed finding new pockets and communities scatterred all around. Most of the work that I’ve done has been with Raid guild or DAOshop {name pending). The biggest and most notable projects I’ve been a part of has been Cohort ( Raid Guilds membership onboarding and training series) and Dungeon Master ( a Web3 Project Management Tool raid guild is building for internal use, and eventually opensourcing it). Outside of those two groups I’ve worked with a few shit coin communities but nothing notable

• I see MetaCartel as a center node in the vast expanding network that is the overlap of Web3 and token communities. I’d like to not only be a part of it but bring value to it as best as I can. I’m applying for this position so I can be a more active community manager for the Chili Token and help foster the tokens name + functionality to a new level.

What is your pledge size?
-1 share / 0 tribute + MetaCartel work

What else should we know about you?

• I’m a project manager by trade, but my true love is systems design. Additionally I have my in the process of building my own upcycled microfactory so I might be able to help entertain some offers for sustainable sourced Chili Swag.
1 Like

Hey @Khunsir we’d be happy to discuss your proposal, this is still active and the DAO has been migrated to xDai. You are welcome to connect with us on Discord as well https://discord.gg/c4HqXp9JnV

Hey Everyone! Excited to get involved:)

I’ve been involved in the industry since 2013, started mining bitcoin and transitioned to mainly being an investor in the ETH ecosystem. Recently have been working with RG and daohaus on a fractional NFT platform (fraktal.io) and also love PoS and run validators for ETH2 and Cosmos → also working on destake which is a synthetic staking dapp we received a grant for from The Graph.
  2. Why do you want to join MetaCartel DAO? Have been getting to know some members over the past several months and having a great time along the way. Last week at ETHCC met many more and absolutely loved the vibe and being on the same wavelength. I’ve been supporting projects mainly by myself over the years and would really enjoy doing it alongside people with the same mindset.
  3. What is your pledge size? 10 ETH
  4. What else should we know about you? I love DAOs and have been working on and studying them since 2016. To me they are the most powerful part of the ETH ecosystem.

Pledge address → cryptnotiq.eth

1 Like

Hallo! I am Chair, my real name is Aaron :slight_smile:

twitter: https://twitter.com/vrycmfy
discord: chair :octopus:#6121
eth address: 0xe0802Cf223a05A14408Ad44E7F878d21408Fb04C

I first learned about MetaCartel during its inception times, while following pet3rpan on Twitter and dreaming about becoming a developer working in the web3 space.

Since then, I learned to code, got a job at a web2 company as a support engineer, moved up to “engineer” engineer, then quit, for web3. :slight_smile:

I met @Yalor and joined RaidGuild and started raiding at the end of last year.

Since then I’ve managed to pull @DamagedGoods into the fray and many many more friends.

I’ve been helping out the with the Chili token launch recently and will be helping with the upcoming MFest, and I think its time to make it official.

RaidGuild Raids, ShenaniganDAO/Dapp community and operations, building the LoveSocietyDao. I’ve been hitting my goal of onboarding 1 new person to Eth every week for a long time. Metagame.

I did @AlexMasmej 's site last year :slight_smile:

One of my earliest goals within this space was to join MetaCartel. I recognized early on that my own values and those of its members were highly aligned, and they remain to be.

I see MetaCartel as one of the forefront DAO’s capable of creating real unshackling effects throughout Ethereum. I hope to contribute my time, energy and creativity into pushing the collective forward.

1. What is your pledge size? (10 ETH minimum pledge for individuals, 5 ETH optional pledge for female candidates , minimum 50 ETH for organizations / Maximum 200 ETH for all membership types)

(pending, will update shortly)

https://HAVEANICEDAY.wtf

Amendment to my post above I will be pledging sweat equity from Chili Token community work and MCon planning/ops work.

Hey guys, Justin Moskowitz from ETHDenver here and I’m excited to contribute to the cartel!

I co-founded ETHDenver/SporkDAO and oversee operations for all areas of our yearly events. We’ve recently transitioned ownership of ETHDenver to the community through the birth of SporkDAO and are building two blockchain incubators: Bufficorn Ventures and ColoradoJam.

I’ve had the chance to get to know a number of members over the years and am very interested in collaborating on DAO community building, events and supporting innovative new projects. I’m also very interested in learning successful practices we can incorporate as we build SporkDAO.

3. What is your pledge size? MCON organizational support / one share

4. What else should we know about you?
    I’m a proud girl dad of two beautiful girls, Ela 1 (almost) and Ayla 4, and I’m excited for them to grow up in a world with more equitable systems made possible through blockchain and a strong community. I have a long history in the gaming/esports space as a player and leader of gaming teams (nXs, xPL, CO Clutch), running a LAN center (Clutch), major international gaming festivals (DreamHack); and can see gaming being one of the most significant blockchain onramps over the next decade. I’m a problem solver and I’m open to taking on significant challenges, regardless of the conditions, as long as I believe strongly enough in the mission.

1 Like