MetaCamp in Costa Rica

Hey @Capitulation.eth we will have to reject your funding proposal, we’ll review your Typeform response in the next few weeks though.

Gm Yalor!

Yeah, once I saw there is actually a form I figured this pledge is getting rejected - I saw I aped I read afterward :sweat_smile:
The last question on the typeform asked for the pledge and I filled in what corresponds to the current timeline. If I shall make one of the bigger pledges I am happy to do so :slight_smile:

LFG team!

Gm Meta frens!
I wanted to check is there anything I can/should do now that the floodgates are opened to non-members, or just wait to hear (or not) from the Typeform I filled out?

Hey broksi, we have your information and will start reviewing applications and reach out on a case by case basis to do acceptance/intakes.

1 Like

Thanks mate! Praying to all gods, Moloch included :slight_smile:

Quick feedback from our conversation today with the activities coordination squad :information_source:

Multiple streams of operations include:

• Wellness @holmeshealing and @SethMonk

• DAO Games @JeremyKlein Myself & @drkellypage

• Governance Convos @Zakku99 & various volunteers.

Next steps starting in January are to conduct user interviews with the existing Pledge members, gathering feedback on the types of experience people want to participate in. This will help inform which of the streams we can allocate more of the budget towards.

@JeremyKlein & @drkellypage will be undertaking the user interviews with my assistance to get those details locked in.

Type form submitted and :orangutan:’d:
0xaf3eca2d758bad8bbb0be477acfed338d2b503712c3ee3e0f4a4efe634b10625

LFG! :desert_island:🧘‍♂

As I ape in, I’d like to consider a few topics.

First, I’m all for the governance conversations. For me, it would help to hear horror stories and success stories. Why didn’t or did the simple rules which set the initial conditions for the system work out? Did it work well at a small scale, but was vulnerable at larger scales? What is your “minimum viable governance”?

Second, I heard a common thread during EthDenver around the problem we face with card catalog like knowledge structures when we need the “page rank” of DAOs. Associative knowledge graphs like OS LogSeq seem to be much more promising for the purpose than Notion or even Roam. Is anyone else thinking about this?

Last, I’d love to talk about issuance curves for launching service DAOs, and likewise, how do you keep them aligned via incentive engineering. Is anyone looking at forking Bancor into subDAO creation contracts to allow for liquidity on open markets, but also to guarantee it to members from the beginning.

Anyway, happy to facilitate a session or two during the week.

These are amazing ideas, we will have a daily sign-up board that participants can fill out with their session ideas each day. So I imagine you’ll get some signup from people who are thinking along these same problem lines, I have a series of notions I want to explore as well.

Maybe we could start to organize those tracks in a digital format now, then do the planning of time and date on-site ?

1 Like