šŸŽ‰ The BIG ā€˜introduce yourselfā€™ thread

Hey Everyone,
I am Kushagra Agarwal. I like working on DApps and am currently a track 2 fellow in Ethereum India Fellowship 2.0.
Looking forward to connecting with everyoneā€¦

Hey all, david here, currently a student and super interested in real world use cases for blockchain/crypto. Currently exploring tokenizing income share contracts to enable next-gen angel investing. Would love to connect and chat with more folks in the community :grinning:

@_davidcao on twitter (just started using it again, would love to follow other folks in the community).

2 Likes

:wave: 3x founder (b2b saas, marketplace, social), 2x exits, predominate focus has been on product at those ventures. occasional angel investor exploring dao governance, sharing the knowledge via a podcast.

@thycommodore on twitter

Hey all! Iā€™m Anubhav from Parcel

We are hyper focused on building a community-owned treasury management protocol for helping DAOs manage their payouts with mass payouts, automation, money streaming and vesting contracts.

I look forward to meeting amazing people at MetaCartel and jam on Parcel :slight_smile:

Hellooo everybody, my name is Thomas.

Been around Ethereum for a while now and really want to start doing some useful work that will benefit the ecosystem.

Iā€™m currently working to expand the monetary base of Ethereum to include more real world assets. Think diversifying with real world assets will add greater ā€˜solidityā€™ to the foundations and unleash new kinds of collateral which will unlock interesting applications.

Tokenisation is the killer app that people didnā€™t see clearly yet.

Look forward to hearing from people here and bridging these parallel economies together.

Good morning my fellow crypto nerds, enthusiasts, and developers alike!

My name is Derrik Lee Iā€™ve been involved with crypto & blockchain since 2010 I stumbled upon this community actually while I was doing my fair bit of research on different options for a current AIO type of DEX Iā€™m currently working on with 3 others. Hope you all have a blessed day and looking forward to being a member of this community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi MetaCartel friends,

ASL. Hi everyone, itā€™s been awhile since I used that acronym. Funny it popped in my head. My name is Ryan Clark and I am still very much navigating the crypto rabbit hole. Crypto first came on my radar in 2013, however, I never really paid much attention to it. When COVID hit I really ramped my research, reading whitepapers, scouring forums, etcā€¦ (mostly exploring).

Sage advice. During this exploration, I received great advice from one of the metal cartel community members, that the best way to gain experience in Crypto was through action and working in a DAO. I spent the next few months lurking forms and discord looking for a community that resonated with me. The Index Coop piqued my interest and I have been contributing there since. Most recently, I received a taste of community acceptance/belonging and it felt great. Truly glad to be here (in crypto).

Why now? The meta cartel was the first DAO I found, but I did not want to seek membership until I found my passion. Or at least something that could hold my attention for more than 10mins. To me, this community represents the best of the best. Flawed logic? Maybe. I am here now.

My passion. Entered crypto for the money. Was drawn in by the technology and products. Staying for the people. The coolest thing about my exploration in crypto is meeting brilliant, interesting people. The people are my passion and I want to get to know you.

Real world. My background is in psychology/art. I am a terrible artist. Today, I work in finance conducting in-depth research on stocks. Itā€™s intellectually stimulating and I like the work, however, the people are generally fake. My wife just defended her dissertation and honestly Iā€™m ready to be a stay at home crypto working dog dad.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey everyone. My nameā€™s Geoff and Iā€™m a lawyer practicing in Vancouver, Canada. Iā€™ve been invested/involved in crypto and crypto education since about 2016. This past month Iā€™m very excited to have launched what I think is the first personal crypto focused legal practice in Canada (and maybe the US?). You can read more about that project here if you are interested: Digital Asset Planning ā€” A New Legal Domain | by Geoff Costeloe | Jun, 2021 | Medium

Iā€™m really interested in finding communities where I can contribute some unorthodox perspectives and skills. I stumbled upon MetaCartel and appreciated the collaborative vibe in the forums as well as some Dapp projects I see being very useful.

There are not many savvy lawyers in the space and Iā€™m happy to lend a hand and contribute on that end if MetaCartel or any other projects if they need someone who speaks legalese. Iā€™m also a strong writer and am happy to do some research into projects and write about them (sample of my public writing here: Geoff Costeloe: The future of finance is decentralized. Will Canada keep up? | The Hub).

Lastly, I have spent the last few months sketching out some Dapps that emulate common legal agreements. Iā€™m non-technical but very excited about this space (DeLaw?). Just like DeFi is cutting out the big institutional middlemen from finance, I envision being able to eliminate lawyers from frequently used legal situations (DAOs are a great example of this!). If there are any developers who want to chat about building something out, Iā€™m ready to get my hands dirty!

Let me know if there is anything obvious I can contribute to and Iā€™ll scroll the forums and see if there is anything that jumps out to me.

Looking forward to connecting and building with you all!

Hallo, I am Chair, Iā€™m here to prop you up.

https://twitter.com/vrycmfy

I first started my eth journey in the desert in Joshua Tree in 2016 where my friend Arseniy told me all about Ethereum.

Shortly after that I landed on P3terpan on twitter and started reading his posts and blogs. His work inspired me to learn as much about Eth and the ecosystem. This research led to me learning to code and switching careers into software.

In March of this year I quit my ā€œcorporateā€ job with the encouragement of many folks involved in the greater Meta world, namely @Yalor .

Since 2016 I learned to code, I got a job in the healthcare saas space, joined RaidGuild, joined a number of other DAOs, quit my job, and became a MetaGamer.

This space has become everything I had hoped, and I hope for so much more in this next evolution of all this fun n games.

Love you all, thank you for building this.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Lou. Crypto Designer based in the deep web. Iā€™ve been running on different DAO projects already. Interested on build product and experiences.
Follow me up on twt

1 Like

Greetings :vulcan_salute:, this is Hsin-Ju (@hsinjuchuang) w/ Dystopia Labs. Have been in the space since 2017 & am excited to help support MetaCartel in whatever capacity is needed.

Yalor suggested that I post here. Dystopia Labs currently organizes a number of free edu summits aimed towards 1) onboarding more devs into the crypto space & 2) helping the community bridge technical knowledge gaps. Weā€™re also productizing atm <3.

Stuff Iā€™m trying to learn more about:
cryptoeconomics, fair launch design, and treasury management

Nice to meet you all :innocent:

3 Likes

Founder of mnml.finance. *building - Looking for dev partners and early co-founders.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Arturo here, @r2_moreno.

I have been working on the use of data to democratize the access to assessment of startup opportunities. I see big opportunity to modernize the VC industry in the combination of DAOs, backoffice like AngelListsā€™s and evaluation-reporting tools like Databell that I am building.

Would love to talk with folks interested on the same topic! Best, Arturo

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Iā€™m Philipp Zentner, long-term entrepreneur and web developer. You can hit me up with anything startup related, especially strategy, growth mechanisms and of course technical questions from web dev to dev ops.

I just started working on Li.Finance, a cross-chain liquidity network aggregation protocol which aggregates cross-chain liquidity networks, connects them with DEX aggregators and facilitates cross-chain any-to-any swaps. We make that available as a widget for dapp developers.

This is my first real interaction with a DAO, so Iā€™m looking forward to stick around and contribute where I can.

All the best
Philipp

1 Like

Hi all,

My name is Jesse (@gldnxross in the metaverse), one of the AavegotchiDAO summoners and co-founder of Pixelcraft Studios where we keep busy building Aavegotchi and The Gotchiverse Realm.

For what I suppose is multiple years now, Metacartel has consistently delivered as one of the most inspiring DAOs and I think itā€™d be really cool to build bridges.

AavegotchiDAO is running on Polygon with Snapshot, Discord, and forum much like this one, with V2 and dedicated dashboards on the way. Interestingly, the DAO recently implemented a Snapshot voting strategy that enables not just governance tokens but also our various Aavegotchi and wearable NFTs to boost voting power. If youā€™re interested in L2, NFT based voting, the Gotchiverse DeFi RPG, or any other ways we can collaborate, donā€™t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks for having me!
Jesse

2 Likes

Hi! Sean Burke here. Exploring MetaCartel for the first time after reading the Defiant article. I keep seeing something about a QR code on the website to join the Telegram. Canā€™t seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!

Howdy :wave: weā€™re Parcel, building Zillow for the Metaverse! Parcel aggregates virtual real estate listings w/ real-time price appraisal, and have a marketplace of our own coming soon.

Weā€™re excited to connect with cool people who are also interested in the metaverse and the future of the virtual economy!

Join us on Discord here: https://discord.gg/yQKEXv9jD6

Thanks all! :v:

1 Like

Hi Everyone! Sam Hereā€¦ Just found about metacartel from medium article. I am blockchain developer and I am developing a multi-currency stable coinsā€¦

1 Like

Hi all, Natalie here. Super interested to explore the DAO ways of interaction, also excited to see the decentralized social media idea unfolding.

Hello Everyone, Ramsay here. I like working on DAOā€™s, weā€™re currently developing a wallet for the MENA region. We focus on connecting real world use cases for challenged regions, bottom-up approach. We have visible and invisible (read: KYC less by force not choice) people in our team. Looking forward to connecting with all.

1 Like