šŸŽ‰ The BIG ā€˜introduce yourselfā€™ thread

Hi Marcel
Nice to connect here.
You can get a basic overview at www.gcthub.org

There is more detailed information about us on the site but it needs an invite code to access so if you would like to know more message me.

I feel there is a tribe of people out there who want to make a difference. So we want to facilitate a DAO that is a place of connection and where they can invest in projects that are positive for the community and environment.

1 Like

As a human, I am curious and want to connect with others who share my interests. As an artist, I delight and inspire, and create awareness with large images projected on prominent landmarks worldwide. As an activist, I value the principles of decentralization, privacy, immutability, equality and community. As a builder, I learn mechanics, collaborate, and create assets. As an educator, I circulate knowledge to bring awareness to issues that affect the progress of our society, and I immediately turn around to teach what I have learned. In a nutshell, build things, help others.

I am a founder of the CryptoLumenati. We use outdoor projection art and image mapping to build awareness for artists, organizations and causes that want visibility. We educate about crypto, NFTs and DAOs. And, we teach real career relevant skills to our members.

I am an organizer/entrepreneur and ā€˜jack of all tradesā€™ in web2, brand manager, designer, UI/UX, novice coder, now turning all my attention to web3.

Iā€™m a badass climber on trad, ice and aid, and I love to mentor new climbers. I have a deep love for the Colorado mountains, and the Utah desert, and I will defend these.

I hold a degree in economics from the University of Chicago, and was well on my way to becoming a capitalist, but followed a road of activism during the 80s and 90s.

From life experience I understand deeply the power of community, and the value of pulling up others.

I sit in menā€™s circles, and I am a man who is aware of his own triggers and shadows, and therefore, a man who does not act blindly from these.

https://twitter.com/suede0619
https://twitter.com/cryptoLumenati

Letā€™s do this regen thing

1 Like

Hey @all - I am Laszlo and I am doing my best to become a helping and supporting part of this great community, I am super passionate about Crypto and all the possibility that come with it. Not being a lonesome ranger makes it definitely much more fun.
I was born and raised in Austria, a beautiful country by the way! For 4 years I am a super proud Daddy, and it is time to fight the moloch. I believe I am very open-minded and open to things that have value, and DAOs have a lot of value!
Used to work as a Webdesigner since 1998, In the last few years I honestly have been more Daddy than anything else, and I can say that watching my son, having no fear or preconceptions about anything thought me so much!
Sometimes I have pretty good ideas, but to get them from A to B never happens, could happen that I start and invest time and money into it, but never get it finished. Hope to find the help and know-how that is needed to finally get to B. Keep this a secret I do not want my son to know.
With all my passion, thanks for this opportunity
Laszlo

1 Like

Hey everyone, Iā€™m 0x4d4n AdĆ”n. A few taglines to get started: Iā€™m a ā€œhold my ginger beer, I think I can make this workā€ kind of hacker | like Deadpool, but with code | :burrito: enthusiast | crypto since 2012.

My web3 journey began recently when I met a few of yaā€™ll in Costa Rica at MetaCamp. I was invited by @zakku who I met through a mutual friend. My quick afternoon at MetaCamp I briefly met @vengist @yalor and many other intelligent, kind welcoming people who are making a change which inspired me.

I just attended my first MCON where I got to reconnect with those mentioned above and continue to meet more and more of yaā€™ll IRL like @0xJoshua and @tae which further primed me to want to join the MetaCartel ecosystem to contribute.

Hobbiez: Fermenting things. Growing plants. Being in nature. Helping others.

Past lives: Record store owner and DJ. Front end / backend hacker. Indentured servant to the man: designing and implementing mission critical hardware/software solutions for 911/Fire/EMS call centers and jails for county wide operations in the US.

I Ragequit the US and moved to CR over a decade ago. Been freelancing, helping spin up several startups, pet projects, web dev, and improving the local community as opportunities arise.

I look forward to expanding my web3 and DAO knowledge and contributing to the ecosystem while meeting more like-minded individuals in this community; building and slaying Moloch.

Cheers
AdƔn

4 Likes

Stoked to have you here, it was a real pleasure getting to know you better at MCON 2 :fire:

1 Like

Hi everyone - my name is Adam. I came across MetaCartel a couple months before pet3rpan came on my podcast, and every since Iā€™ve been trying to stay up to date on whatā€™s happening in the community.

If you attended both MCONs, then I may have smoked you out and helped you tap into your artistic side during our Paint & Bake side events co-hosted with Dystopia Labs.

I run the podcast ā€˜Mintā€™ which actively documents the web3 creator economy 6 days per week, publishing content across my audio channels, newsletter, and Twitter. Iā€™m also building a blockchain analytics tool called Bello.

Iā€™m in the following DAOs: ForeFront, FWB, Overstimulated, lilnouns, rehash, mClub, Seed Club, GCR + more.

I spend a lot of my time thinking about tokenized media and free NFTs.

Oh and I also play the drums.

Happy to be here.

1 Like

Hey everyone, Iā€™m Ellie, a data-loving full-stack developer building an analytics platform for Web3 creators called Bello.

Happy to be here!

Twitter - @elliefarrisi

2 Likes

Hi @levy and @elliefarrisi glad you guys stopped by.

You could try to smoke me out sir, itā€™s only ever happened once :leafy_green:

Welcome @elliefarrisi . I see you.

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m Ivan, from Hermosillo, Mexico and Iā€™m helping build Xocolatl which is a protocol to mint a stablecoin paired 1:1 to the peso MXN. We created La DAO in DAOHaus to govern and steer the protocol to product-market fit.

Iā€™m also helping in the Product Management department at FujiDAO which is an on-chain lending/borrow aggregator, leveraging all the money legos already cemented in the DeFi space.

I look forward to contributing and collaborating to the Meta Cartel DAO efforts, La DAO del Xocolatl is ready to grow with you.

Hi Everyone!. I am Akshay, I am an Urban and Environmental Planner. Live in Philadelphia, and am currently working on building-

1. de-plan : A community for climate experts, planners an environmentalists. de_plan
  2. Proto: A geographical NFT platform. proto

We just posted a proposal request to help us build de_plan and I hope everyone gets some time to take a look and provide some feedback that might help us improve the project.
Thank you!

Hey all! :palm_tree:

Iā€™m Alix from Miami, happy to be here!
Iā€™m passionate about games, UX and communities, currently building @verza_io :brick:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey guys,

My name is Ibn Inglor, Iā€™m a recording artist born and raised on Chicagoā€™s far southside, a place called Altgeld Gardens. Iā€™m the founder of Danger Zone DAO, and Iā€™ve been building in the web3/nft music space since March of 21ā€™. I was the first hip-hop artist to release music on sound.xyz, and the first creator on Coinvise to launch a successful Membership NFT campaign.

Prior to Web3, Iā€™ve released projects that garnered attention from major publications. My earlier releases were featured in The FADER Magazine, Hypebeast, Noisey, and Complex which listed me in their annual ā€œ25 New Rappers to Watch Out Forā€ in 2014.

Iā€™m happy to be here, and happy to build with you guys and learn what I can.

1 Like

GM :hot_pepper: fam!

Itā€™s unbelievable that MetaCartel is so big that I can be active for months without having introduced myself once in this thread. :exploding_head:

Iā€™m See Eun Ha (first name is See Eun and pronounced C-N). The hats I wear in crypto right now are:

1. I spend most of my day researching and writing a book on DAOs. Since beginning Iā€™ve been engaging in daily hand-to-hand combat with imposter syndrome. :laughing:
  2. Iā€™ve been contributing as a Blood Mage at MetaCartel Ventures thanks to an invite from @pet3rpan 2.5 years ago (time does fly).
  3. Iā€™m coming up on nearly 6 months of coordination as a member of the ETHos Chili Pod, slaying moloch with @Yalor @pETH @Ebunayo @Christina @dermot @vengist.

Iā€™m thankful for the opportunity I was granted to work alongside Metacartelians in this very special space on the internet.

Letā€™s keep coordinating.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

Hoping this is my second time lucky joining the DAO :sweat_smile: :speak_no_evil:

After a few years as a VC, I joined the Pocket Network Foundation this Jan as a director with a mission to accelerate Pocketā€™s DAO. (DAO nerds amongst us can learn more about Pocketā€™s 1p1v proof-of-participation model here - Messari - Pocket DAO: Exploring Proof-of-Participation Governance - Content - Pocket Network Forum)

Iā€™m also a pretty active angel, investing mainly in web3 infra of all types, eg DePIN, DeFi and community/governance infra.

And similar to @s3unha, Iā€™ve also been contributing to the ETHos Chili Pod for almost 6 months, focusing on funding IRL events in the ETH community that wouldnā€™t otherwise happen, along with @Yalor @pETH @Ebunayo @Christina @@vengist @rebeccadai

Iā€™ve enjoyed putting some of my sweat into supporting the community and look forward to working with more of you on many more missions to come!

:v:t3:

3 Likes

You are in this time ser :saluting_face:

1 Like

Hi MegaCartel. Brian Zwerner from W3 Studio here. W3 Studio is a non-profit venture studio in Atlanta that supports diverse founders building in web3. We will select 4-5 startups each year for our program, and they will receive $200K grants at the earliest of idea stage to build. Iā€™d love to connect with others in MetaCartel and see how we can partner up. Lots more info on our website: https://w3studio.us/ Thanks! :pray:

Hello community William here. Iā€™m a branding, design, and tech professional with a long experience in mixing them to provide launch and initial growth to starting companies on a budget.

Part of that idea evolved into something we submitted to YC, and then we kept working on it into what we have now. After finishing with good ranks in the Pioneer competition, Iā€™m now starting the Blockchain works.

The general idea

A progressive holding to make investing in developing markets super easy, fast, and compliant. With a new kind of free marketplace and DAO where crypto and real assets work as seamlessly as they should. arcadia.global

We are starting with opportunistic real estate and a startup studio as the core business units for future developments, in those verticals, and beyond.

Iā€™m here to learn more about DAOs and the community, but also to contribute to anything related to my areas of work. Just let me know. Cheers!

:colombia: :mountain: :house_with_garden::piƱata: :rocket:

Welcome, Iā€™m interested in this idea DM me on Telegram @YalorMewn

1 Like

Hello, all! Iā€™m Jason. Iā€™m a software engineer and Iā€™ve been working in blockchain for a few yearsā€”I even met some of the MetaCartel team at the 2018 Prague Devcon. This year, though, I got bit by the entrepreneurship bug :bug: and have been working on two projects, one about financial well-being :moneybag: (eras.fyi :sunrise: ) and the other about physical fitness :weight_lifting_man:t5::rainbow_flag::transgender_flag: (hotnheavy.club, this one was mostly just for funā€”an experiment to see if I could throw something together that would be low on effort but high on personal meaning and quickly monetizable).

TBH, Iā€™m here because I was looking around for funding opportunities for a decentralized financial well-being idea I have. And Iā€™m posting because I think this community, separate from potential funding opportunities, might be able and willing to help me really hone the idea.

With eras, my financial well-being project, users essentially pay to be reminded to keep their financial goals in mind every day. It is very new and has a little traction. :sparkles: Given that some people are willing to pay to be reminded of their financial goals, others are probably be willing to be paid.

In other words, I think thereā€™s a path worth exploring for a decentralized money mindfulness app that uses token incentives to encourage users to (a) build a daily money mindfulness habit and (b) contribute to the system, including by encouraging others to maintain their habit. The idea is based on desk and user research (apparently there may be a correlation between low financial literacy and interest in crypto! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:), and inspired by learn2earn projects, Sweatcoin, and health insurers that pay cash rewards for healthy behavior (it does not appear to require a lot of money to convince people to do a simple activity that they want or think they should do but have trouble prioritizing). I think it could really help a lot of people and could be synergistic with eras while still a standalone, decentralized product.